Two Questions

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

coolchris
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Two Questions

Post by coolchris »

1. First is it allowed to use a shared serial and access key at all if you don't register it to your account?
2. When you start the game pso ver 2 asks for a pso ver 1 serial number first and says your items will be transfered to pso ver 2. Does this mean I would need 2 legit serials and access keys one for each version?

Thanks,

Chris
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Re: Two Questions

Post by Aleron Ives »

If you've never personally played Ver.1, PSO is asking for the Ver.1 serial because the Dreamcast's previous owner played it. You'll need to erase your flash memory, and then Ver.2 will stop asking you for the Ver.1 serial. There's really no excuse for using a shared serial when you can get a real one with USv2 for < $10.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Yes you can use shared serials as long they work.

Just remember that your saves will be tied to those serials, so don't lose them or the next time you are asked those serials (for whatever reason) you will get stuck with saves that won't unlock.
Use shared serials, but keep that information somewhere.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

To give the official answer (since it is my server, after all)...

Shared serials for the Dreamcast version are allowed, with some caveats. Some features (such as automatic character stats/inventory backups, enemy kill tracking for server events) are only allowed for unique serials that have been registered to an account.

As Aleron Ives said, a legit copy of the game with unique serials can be had for under US$10, so there's little reason not to have a legit serial number/access key.