Figured I'd jump on here

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Aoko Aozaki
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Figured I'd jump on here

Post by Aoko Aozaki »

I usually lurk on Ive's psopalace forums but I realized that I'm severely limiting myself.

I also forgot totally that I had an account here. I can't believe i made it in 2011...xD

Sup yo! Been trying to play more PSOPC lately now that things have calmed down some and got a new laptop to game on. I've been bouncing between PCver2 and BB (been messing with the Tethealla client as well) and was planning on buying a bba for my Gamecube but realized that Dolphin is a much cheaper option for that yay! Thankfully I scored a physical copy of PSO+ for $3 at a Goodwill, so my stuff legit, yo! xD

Now I just gotta figure out how to set it up properly. -_-
Phantasy Star Online PC
HUnewearl - Lvl115 - Momoko - REDRIA
Phantasy Star Online BlueBurst Ephinea (Going to play around on here for BB)
FOnewearl - Lvl4 - Emi Love - PURPLENUM
HUnewearl - Lvl6 - Momoko - SKYLY (Momoko will be everywhere! :D)

Aiming to get Momoko (PSOPC) to 200!
Bradenburg
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Re: Figured I'd jump on here

Post by Bradenburg »

Hello!! The price of GC BBA's has dropped to like fifty USD if that influences your decision. I managed to pick mine up for 40 CAN 8-)
Aoko Aozaki
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Aoko Aozaki »

Mmm, 40 cans, sounds like a cheap deal there! :P Joking aside, that is a good price there. When I last checked prices many years ago, they were well over $100USD o.O Either way, it'll be interesting to see what happens there. I cannot deny that PC/ver2 will always have my special love because my Momoko was the first to ever get past lvl100. <3

Though considering the amount of money I saved getting PSO+ for GC (game floats for around $100 now on ebay for a complete game with manual), spending a bit on a BBA is definitely not a bad idea at a later date. Though I will first need to invest in a hard internet line. I use my phone as a hot spot to play, like a boss! 8)
Phantasy Star Online PC

tueidj
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tueidj »

A used wii is cheaper (and easier to find) than a GC BBA.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Not to mention the GC BBA is pretty useless if you don't have a keyboard adapter or one of those monstrous GC keyboard controllers.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
tueidj
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tueidj »

Don't hate the keytroller, it was good enough for MS to copy...
Lexaraj
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Lexaraj »

Aleron Ives wrote:Not to mention the GC BBA is pretty useless if you don't have a keyboard adapter or one of those monstrous GC keyboard controllers.
It's not as bad as you might think.

I mean, for a controller it's pretty big but the actual 'handles' aren't any bigger than a standard GC controller, it's just the space in-between that's bigger. It's pretty comfortable. It allows you to rest the controller on your legs and still be able to play relaxed and casually. I really like it.

The main problem is the price and shipping. I got lucky and got a complete in box, mint condition, controller for about $65 dollars and it shipped from within the US (where I live). Most of them ship from Japan because they were only officially released there so if you live within the States shipping ends up taking a while due to International shipping.
Aoko Aozaki
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Aoko Aozaki »

The first time I saw that keyboard controller, I lol'd, then I looked at it and thought that was probably the most genius thing I've seen in a while. I ultimately planned on getting one, as well as a bba because I suffer from a disease.

The disease of a collector! :O

I planned on getting it anyway, both the controller kb as well as a bba. Novel items are novel to have. :3 It's why I also collect PVC anime figures and sealed limited edition games to put on my shelf.

When I get stuff imported, I usually try and ship it through EMS if they offer that. SAL takes way too long for the price. I've seen many controller keyboards on ebay, though.

Not to mention, I keep getting a 102 error when trying to connect through dolphin and am wondering if it's because I'm using my phone tethered to my computer or using it as a wireless hotspot without an actual router or whatnot. I've spent close to 6 hours trying to figure out the problem and have given up. I cannot test anything more until I can go to some place that has a router/switch and experiment. It really sucks not being able to have certain resources. :/ Unless it could be because I'm using PSO+ instead of the regular one?
Phantasy Star Online PC

Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

You installed the OpenVPN TAP adapter, right? Dolphin can't emulate the BBA without it.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Aoko Aozaki
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Aoko Aozaki »

Yup, and even bridged the two connections together. I made sure to try and read and dig around about everything as much as I could. It has to be something on my end in terms of the IP address and how things are resolved. I saw some people had similar issues on l33tserv as well and I've been doing everything right. I even made sure to check ipconfig to make sure that my default gateway was correct and made sure the IP address didn't conflict with my laptop. There may be something unique about hotspotting and tethering internet access from a phone but I wouldn't think there would be. I'll have to dig more into it since I'm sick of looking at it atm lol!
Phantasy Star Online PC

Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Which version of Windows do you have? The TAP driver doesn't work that well on Windows 8, and it doesn't work at all on Windows 10. Windows 7 seems to be the best right now.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Aoko Aozaki
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Aoko Aozaki »

Hahaha! It's funny how you mention that it doesn't work well on Windows 8. I use W8.1. The WORST OS I have ever had the displeasure of using. I would rather use Windows 98, and that was a piece of garbage OS from M$ lol Glad I haven't bothered to upgrade to W10 since this is just another reason not to. I already have enough issues with W8.1 and the usb ports polling rate. I don't really want to regedit my stuff, but that's mostly because I'm being lazy about it haha!

Unfortunately I cannot do anything about using W7 since this laptop's drivers do not work well (some didn't work at all) with the W7 driver versions, especially my gpu and cpu. I love Asus but damnit, they have the worst driver support ever lol

That does give me an idea and makes me want to play around in a vm now, though.
Phantasy Star Online PC

Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

You might as well just install Linux and run the Linux version of Dolphin if you want to go that route. The BBA performs better under Linux, anyway.

It's possible that your BBA may not be set up properly, though. If you're using static IP, you should pick an address in the same range as the PC, e.g. if the PC is 192.168.1.100, you should set the BBA to .101. The default gateway should be the same one that you use on the host PC.
"Fear the HUnewearl."