PSO v2 Enhancement Pack

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

TulioAdriano
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

PSO v2 Enhancement Pack

Post by TulioAdriano »

I was reading about Aleron's versions of PSO v2 for DC on PSO Palace, and it immediately sparked my interest due to the fast loads.

Then I came across the enhancement pack, which sounds quite interesting, but I was wondering... since it modified some item stats and the classes, does Sylverant consider it "legit" to play with that disc?

If that would be a problem, based on what I read, is the v2 DC with Auto connect (non EP) a safe choice?

Thanks a lot for keeping PSO alive on the DC! :D I've only met PC players so far, but I'm sure the DC players are out there! ;)
There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binaries and those who don't.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
Has thanked: 0

Re: PSO v2 Enhancement Pack

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

It's perfectly acceptable with the players that accept it, however if a player in a game have activated the /legit command it is likely that you will blocked from entering the game if you found items from that modification.

Also keep in mind that even if you are able to get in, if some of the players know you have some modifications that are not caught by the /legit command, they are lilkely to leave the game and start a new one (locked to prevent the same issue). The legit command will pick up items that have stats that are off the normal parameters and those are pretty common in custom modifications and custom quests, however altered enemy stats, altered char stats, altered equipability are not detected by such command and are considered ok by the server rules, due to this the players will defend themselves with the only option they have, they will quit and create a new game to prevent you from entering.

Make sure to ask 1st if you can join the games with such disk as some approve it and some will not.
TulioAdriano
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by TulioAdriano »

I such case I rather not use it. Most likely I'll be playing with the GD-Rom then. It's just that having been used to playing for so long on v1, the noisy scratch when loading your character after teleporting on v2 is very annoying.
There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binaries and those who don't.
KuromoriYu
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
Been thanked: 0

Post by KuromoriYu »

The usage of EP is considered legit, at least according to server-rules.

Some people rather stay on (shitty) SEGA-rates, the drop rates however are determined by the leader of the game (the creator, or the one who was "in game" or the longest, if creator leaves).

I personally simply do not pickup items, if joining a game, where i am not sure who is leader (EP or non-EP).

Also - about fast-loading disc - there are multiple versions floating around, some of them are non-EP, others are EP.
I suppose it's four versions:

PAL,
PAL - EP,
US,
US - EP

so simply pick a non-EP disc, and enjoy fast loading, but still SEGA-rates.

Regards
Kuromori Yu
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

If you just want fast loading, the regular US disc doesn't have the EP but still loads quickly (faster than Ver.1 does). If you're playing on Altimira, /legit accepts everything the EP offers, so you can always play in legit teams there. Iselia and Vega respect all of Sega's original limitations with their /legit modes, so some EP items may be blocked there. You don't need to use the EP to get blocked from /legit mode on the other ships, though, as some new quest rewards and weapons upgraded in Garon's Shop will also be blocked on Iselia and Vega but not on Altimira, and non-EP users can access those quests, too.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
TulioAdriano
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by TulioAdriano »

Alright, that answered my question. :)

I've been playing on Altimira for no specific reason, somehow I got more friendly with the ship's name! :)
I'll observe playing on it if I do decide to play with the EP... but I'll probably continue playing on it regardless. :)

Thanks for the answers.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

As is stated in the rules (and in this thread), the EP is explicitly allowed on all the ships. As has also been stated, /legit mode may trigger an error if you're using items that have had stats changes in the EP, but in all honesty, I'm not even sure how many people even use /legit mode anyway (or even care one way or the other).

There are, of course, some people who do care -- and they're perfectly allowed to do so, so long as they don't make trouble about it (make peace with thy fellow man and all that jazz). We cater to a diverse crowd around here, after all. :wink:
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

I can not even recall the last time I used that command. I do not think even saffo uses it :P I just tend to call my game name Legit but then again I have the power to ban people (not that I ever have) I mostly use my gm power to message everyone with bcast the odd time :P or help test something. I personally do not use the EP but I may give it a shot in the future.

Anyways :) if you want company I may actually play again lol
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Saffo usually locks the game, only trustworthy players can join.
We don't use the command because we don't need to, everyone that gets in the game plays with the original game, there are no worries.
TulioAdriano
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by TulioAdriano »

That sounds right. I'm using the auto-connect disc without the EP, for now I think it should be enough for me.

The disc works marvelously, and no more crazy seeking while loading the characters! Thanks for making this disc.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

AmonX wrote:I can not even recall the last time I used that command. I do not think even saffo uses it
The command is for those who want to meet new like-minded people who don't cheat, and Saffo is too paranoid to play with new people anymore.
TulioAdriano wrote:The disc works marvelously, and no more crazy seeking while loading the characters! Thanks for making this disc.
My pleasure.
> TulioAdriano
"Fear the HUnewearl."
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Saffo does play with new players sometimes, depends on the player that is, finding players that play 1 version of PSO v2 isn't all that hard in the end.

Autoconnect disks and/or fast loading ones have been floating around for a very long time.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

All the other fast loading discs FSOD when loading character data. ;)
"Fear the HUnewearl."
al281442
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by al281442 »

Paranoid? He gave me a free city tour a few days ago!