Connecting with 2 gamecubes same IP

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Ribenar
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Connecting with 2 gamecubes same IP

Post by Ribenar »

Hello. I have two copies of PSO, 2 gamecubes, and am trying to connect to play with my friend (in the same room). I had registered both copies to one account, logged one PSO online, and then the second one tells me my guild card is in use. So I removed the second copy from my account and created a second account to register the second copy but still have the same problem.

How do I go about connecting with 2 gamecubes? Is the issue because they are coming from the same IP?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Connecting with 2 gamecubes same IP

Post by BlueCrab »

The IP address doesn't matter. Nor does them being on the same account or different accounts.

If it's telling you your guildcard is already online, that means both are using the same serial number and access key.
Ribenar
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Ribenar »

Uh oh, you're right. I have two copies but I must have entered the same serial/access key on both memory cards. Is there a way to change this without losing the character data? I'm searching at the moment
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I'm not aware of any way without losing the character data, unfortunately.

That said, I honestly can't say I've ever looked for a way to do it on PSO for Gamecube...
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

There is an Action Replay code to let you change your serials, but you need one of the old AR discs that lets you enter your own codes. The newer AR only lets you use whatever codes are included on the disc. If you have homebrew for memory card transfers, about the only thing you could do would be to transfer your card to a PC, use Dolphin's AR support to reset your serials, and then transfer the save back to your physical memory card. You have to do that in the correct way though, or else you'll violate PSO's timestamp restrictions and cause your save to become invalid. I also don't know if the code would work on Dolphin, as its cheat support is spotty at best.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Ribenar
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Ribenar »

I did find the AR code and do have the older AR, although the code had no effect ._.

Oh well. After we finish our offline challenge mode I'll probably just reformat the memory card and AR his character back to the same level.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Are you sure you picked the code for your version? AFAIK you need to enable the code and then try to go online when it's on. The game should ask you to enter your serials again if the code is on when you try to go online. You can't simply boot the game with the code and then turn it off.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Ribenar
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Ribenar »

Ah okay! I didn't think to try going online, that is what prompts the serial/access code. All fixed now, thanks for your help