Curious about a possible problem..

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Aurelli
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Curious about a possible problem..

Post by Aurelli »

This doesn't specifically affect me, since I have two copies of PSOGC WITH key pairs (one EP1/2 and one EP3.) But...
I recently decided to buy a second copy of Episode 1/2 through amazon, and it just got here today.... Without any serials.
Now, I'm curious.. What would happen if someone just spent $55ish plus buying their first ever copy of the game off of Amazon, and intends to play online, but didn't get serials with it? :x
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Curious about a possible problem..

Post by BlueCrab »

My suggestion for that hypothetical user would be to send the game back and demand a refund for it being incomplete. Amazon/Ebay/whatever would most likely grant the refund request, unless the original listing specifically said that it was the disc only, or something to that effect.

It's always a good idea to ask the seller if there's any doubt whether the game is complete or not.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

I concur. If you bought an incomplete copy, then it's your fault. If you bought a copy that was listed as complete, but it didn't have the serial page, then you could hopefully return it.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Aurelli
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Aurelli »

Hm. Understandable. My copy will just be one less chance for that to happen to someone who actually needs a complete copy then. :grin:
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

I made sure that I bought a copy on eBay that had pictures of everything to prove that it was complete. I would never buy something like this on Amazon (if it didn't have pictures) when I know that the game comes with important slips of paper that the seller might not notice were missing.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Aurelli
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Aurelli »

Yeah, I understand. It'll work as-is for me personally though, I already have two codes... I just really wanted a better disc.. XD
My original copy was a lone used copy that caught my eye forever ago in an EBGames while I was on vacation, and while it works, that disc is pretty well worn. :x