Gamecube registration check key?

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

protivakid
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Gamecube registration check key?

Post by protivakid »

Hello,

First is the gamecube registration page down? It doesn't seem to load in my Firefox.

Also can anyone from Sylverant check keys prior? I want to buy a legit copy on ebay but if a previous user has already registered the key I don't want to spend $50+ to find out the game/key I bought won't work.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Re: Gamecube registration check key?

Post by Aleron Ives »

All you need to do is find a copy that includes the serials. If the player had already registered here, he would probably not be selling his copy, because he intended to play the game. ;) Even if he had registered, BlueCrab could remove his serials from the database so you could tie them to your account. The odds of finding someone selling a copy of the game who had also played here are pretty low. Most people selling the game probably think it's impossible to play online now that Sega's servers are gone.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

If you buy a copy that the serials are already registered on (by some odd coincidence), all I'll need you do to do is to send me proof that you're physically in possession of the serial number/access key in question and I'll take care of it. :wink:

That said, as Ives already said, I somewhat doubt that'd be the case.

As for the registration being down, it looks fine for me. Is there some specific error Firefox is giving you?
Fallingferret
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Fallingferret »

BlueCrab wrote:Is there some specific error Firefox is giving you?
For me, it's always been a "Secure Connection Failed" error trying to access account related pages in firefox.

That being said try an alternate browser Protivakid. I was able to register my GC and get PC access with no problems using Chrome.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I'm guessing you're running a potentially older version of Firefox? The account pages require TLS 1.2 (due to ugly holes in the older versions of TLS and SSL), which was only formally defined in 2008. It looks like Firefox has supported it since version 24, but was only enabled by default in version 27 and later.

I should eventually make it work with TLS 1.1 as well, since TLS 1.1 is still secure...
Fallingferret
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Fallingferret »

BlueCrab wrote:I'm guessing you're running a potentially older version of Firefox? The account pages require TLS 1.2 (due to ugly holes in the older versions of TLS and SSL), which was only formally defined in 2008. It looks like Firefox has supported it since version 24, but was only enabled by default in version 27 and later.

I should eventually make it work with TLS 1.1 as well, since TLS 1.1 is still secure...
Actually, I'm running 37.0.2. Sylverant's is the only page I've run into this on so far. not that i visit a lot of sites anyways

FF has been kind of a pain in recent versions for me anyways.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

There was also some sort of certificate validation problem in Firefox that pops up every once in a while that seems to affect a bunch of sites. Perhaps that's the issue at fault here... :?
protivakid
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by protivakid »

BlueCrab wrote:If you buy a copy that the serials are already registered on (by some odd coincidence), all I'll need you do to do is to send me proof that you're physically in possession of the serial number/access key in question and I'll take care of it. :wink:

That said, as Ives already said, I somewhat doubt that'd be the case.

As for the registration being down, it looks fine for me. Is there some specific error Firefox is giving you?
I feel anyone who still knows where there copy is these days would know about private servers but maybe I am in the minority. Anyhow I grabbed a legit version of PSO+ for the GC on ebay with the key in the case. If I have any issues registering I'll reach out.

My Firefox is up to date and is set to auto-update. I tried on my iPad with Safari which worked, odd Firefox didn't. I will try again when the game arrives.