PSOGC Server-side Drop Testing

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

PSOGC Server-side Drop Testing

Post by Aleron Ives »

We've finally been getting some people to test /sdrops on GC, and a number of bugs have already been found. If you want to report a bug with /sdrops on GC, please post here and include as much of the following information as possible:
  • Difficulty setting
  • Section ID
  • Which quest you were in (if any)
  • Area of the bad drop (e.g. Cave 2, Jungle North)
  • Monster (or box) that dropped the bad item
  • The bad drop
Please also describe what was wrong with the drop, e.g. did a monster drop the wrong rare? Did the item have incorrect or impossible stats? Did you get a drop that should only have been valid in a different difficulty or area? Was it an invalid item altogether?

If possible, please also mention what the expected/correct drop should have been, such as if an enemy dropped the wrong rare item. With your help we can hopefully get the kinks ironed out. :)
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Kayak
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Been thanked: 0

Re: PSOGC Server-side Drop Testing

Post by Kayak »

Yellowboze Ultimate Seabed Recon Box dropped Cure/Paralysis.
Yellowboze Ultimate Forest Tollaw dropped ???? Equipable Unit.

Normally Recon box doesn't drop rares. However they do drop units normally.
Characters:
Kayak L200
Kat L200
Kate L200
Submarine L200
Magic Boat L200
Banan@ Boat
Jarrett
Katey
Tow Boat
lazareth
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by lazareth »

Aleron Ives wrote: Please also describe what was wrong with the drop, e.g. did a monster drop the wrong rare? Did the item have incorrect or impossible stats? Did you get a drop that should only have been valid in a different difficulty or area? Was it an invalid item altogether?
Hmm, I liked how Server Drops doesn't require us to take the rares to a tekker, or is that a bug? Also, are the rares supposed to come pre-grinded?
Aleron Ives wrote:
If possible, please also mention what the expected/correct drop should have been, such as if an enemy dropped the wrong rare item. With your help we can hopefully get the kinks ironed out. :)
Why not just ask them to use http://www.pso-world.com/items.php and post all that info or a link?
Kayak wrote:Yellowboze Ultimate Seabed Recon Box dropped Cure/Paralysis.
Where to find a Cure/Paralysis:

Code: Select all

Section ID	Difficulty: Location	Monster	        Drop Rate
========================================================================
Greennill:	Vhard:Caves	         Pouilly Slime	  7/8
    ^->      Ultimate:Ruins	      Bulclaw	        1/1138
Skyly:	    Ultimate:Seabed	     Dolmolm	        1/1707
Redria:	   Vhard:Mines	         Dubchic	        1/214
Courtesy of http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=v ... &artid=351
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

lazareth wrote:Hmm, I liked how Server Drops doesn't require us to take the rares to a tekker, or is that a bug? Also, are the rares supposed to come pre-grinded?
It's sounding more and more like GC is generating drops using the DC files for some reason, because all the bugs reported so far are normal on Ver.2.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Kabes
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Kabes »

On Greennill Ultimate Forest 1 I found from boxes a baby/lvl 5 mag, as well as a tekked Justy+3. On ep2 quest Phantasmal World #3 the boxes near the beginning of quest all dropped 513 meseta each iirc.

On Whitill Ultimate Mines 1 I found a equipable ???? unit from a box. And in Ultimate Ruins, a Gran Sorcerer dropped a cure/shock instead of a handgun:guld.

And finally on Skyly, in Caves 1 on Ultimate I found god/battle and god/legs from boxes. Pretty sure those units are enemy drops on the gamecube. Hope that helps!
Fallingferret
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Fallingferret »

Whitill
Hard: Forest-1 free play. I got a God/Power from a box drop. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =418995628

Pso World states it's V.Hard and up, but my ID isn't eligible.

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=v ... &artid=146

Code: Select all

Section ID 	Difficulty: Location 	Monster 	Drop Rate
============================================
Viridia:	Vhard:Caves 	Pouilly Slime 	7/8
     ->	Ultimate:Caves 	Mil Lily 	1/2
Skyly: 	Ultimate:Temple 	Hildetorr 	
Redria:	Vhard:Temple 	So Dimenian 	1/427
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Let me just chime in by saying that I know it doesn't work, and it's on my list of things to look at when I get time. Unfortunately, I don't think that these reports will end up helping anything at all, since I really need to sit down and figure out where the bad data is coming from. Endless reports without looking at the sequence of what happens in the code doesn't help here, unfortunately.

So, I'm going to recommend that nobody use /sdrops on Gamecube until further notice. Further reports don't (unfortunately) make debugging it any easier. :?