Mobile sylverant.net?

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

FaithY
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Mobile sylverant.net?

Post by FaithY »

The mobile site looks nice. However I don't see the ship status on the page. Would you please include it?

Thanks
:mrgreen:
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Mobile sylverant.net?

Post by BlueCrab »

Heh... Someone found it before I announced that it existed. Can't say I didn't expect that. I'm glad to get feedback about it though. I just started throwing it together last night, and it definitely looks a lot better than what it started as. :lol:

I'm still working on the layout and trying to find a good way to include the server status. Once I do, it'll be included. :wink:

Just because I don't think many people know, you can always go to https://wsgi.sylverant.net/status.py to get the server status widget on its own. Or, if you want to work it into a website or tool or something like that, you can fetch it in JSON format by using https://wsgi.sylverant.net/status.py?format=json .
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

There we go... The ship status now appears right underneath the menu on the mobile site. It defaults to being collapsed (and only showing the total number of people connected), but if you tap on the [+] text, it'll show the full listing of each ship.

Let me know if that satisfies the request. :wink:
Doctor Dan
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
Been thanked: 0

Post by Doctor Dan »

Wow you made one. Ill wait until its done to take a look though. All i'd say is push notifications for simp mail, but probably impossible unless app contained. Still, cool stuff 8-)
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Only the actual news/server status/connection instructions have been made into a mobile site so far. At some point (I don't know when), I'll work on the rest of the account stuff, but the main website itself is all that's been done at this point.

That said, all of that is done at this point, pending any major problems people have accessing it. :wink:
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Well, I wasn't planning on taking care of that today, but... I did. The account stuff should all have a mobile-friendly version now too. There's still a few kinks to work out of it, but it should all work right at this point (although, there are a few instances where the CSS is screwy). :wink:
FaithY
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by FaithY »

Thanks BC. Good work.
:mrgreen:
lazareth
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by lazareth »

Hmm... I wonder if it is possible to use the python/json in a desktop widget to see server status all the time....

Correction: apparently windows 8 doesn't have widgets so doesn't matter to me anyways.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I'm sure that you'd be able to use the JSON to make some sort of desktop program, if that's something you'd be looking for.

I don't really use Windows myself, so I wouldn't be likely to make something like that, but I'm sure someone could make a small desktop application/widget thingy, if they wanted to.

All you'd have to do to get the JSON data is just do an HTTPS GET request to https://wsgi.sylverant.net/status.py?format=json . :wink:
lazareth
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by lazareth »

what I wanted to do doesn't exist for my laptop... thanks though...

Desktop widgets were discontinued in windows 8....

I hate it even more.... can't add HTML to lockscreen either..... Windows
PCs are getting more annoying by the day.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

I'm still don't know what a widget is. It sounds like a computer fairy, or something. "I tried to check my e-mail this morning, but my computer was whisked away by widgets during the night!" :lol:
"Fear the HUnewearl."
lazareth
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by lazareth »

Aleron Ives wrote:I'm still don't know what a widget is. It sounds like a computer fairy, or something. "I tried to check my e-mail this morning, but my computer was whisked away by widgets during the night!" :lol:
lmao... widgets (I think something along the lines of WIndow gaDGETS is how the name came to be)

They were small apps that displayed information on the desktop, some had floater windows which stayed on top of all programs. People would use them to know when they got new emails or as a scheduler to keep up with tasks/appointments they had to keep. They could essentially be created with basic HTML skills but were discontinued due to security flaws.