Lost weapons

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

thaynes
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Lost weapons

Post by thaynes »

Hey guys,

So i played online for the first time, ran through the Towards the future quest on Ultimate and ended up dying against Vol Opt. I quit the game and when I re opened it had lost all my items that were not equipped including several weapons. Any idea why this was?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Lost weapons

Post by BlueCrab »

If you quit the game without saving, you will lose any non-equipped items that are not in your bank. Always make sure to quit by going to the appropriate option in the main menu.

As for why Sega would have done that, if I had to guess I'd assume it was supposed to prevent people from duping items and whatnot.
thaynes
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by thaynes »

well I went to the main menu and quit the game. Do i have to quit the quest first or something?
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

If you exited the game correctly then i have no idea it acted like that.

However and 1st thing you should do is starting up a backup plan by either saving the game on another memory card (or another memory card slot if the card has that feature) or by using the saving and restore commands in the lobby when you are online.
Something bad happens and you can simply restore.

If by any chance you find your equipment lost beyond recovery (this may be the case if the items are really rare) then just drop me a PM with the items you want restored and i will gladly make them for you. That should bring you up to running speed in no time.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Are you using an official Sega memory card? People often report that PSO doesn't work properly on off-brand cards (both on DC and GC), which is likely due to the unofficial cards using cheap flash memory that can't handle the frequency with which PSO saves. It would appear that even though you quit the game, your save data didn't get written to your memory card, so PSO deleted your unequipped items. Did you also lose the experience you gained during the game? You could tell by your level/EXP and what you had equipped the point at which the memory card stopped working.
"Fear the HUnewearl."