dreamcast fomar?!

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

FaithY
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

dreamcast fomar?!

Post by FaithY »

I saw a fomar in the lobby. :o

Can anyone explain how this happened. As this class is not available in psov2.

Thanks
:mrgreen:
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Re: dreamcast fomar?!

Post by Aleron Ives »

You mean you saw the ninja skin? If a GC player shows up using one of the new classes, Ver.2 automatically uses that skin.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
FaithY
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by FaithY »

Perhaps. Are there any screenshots of this "ninja" skin?
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

It has a black robe with a grey face. Univers-PS has a bunch of pictures of various modifications to the ninja skin.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
FaithY
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by FaithY »

Thanks. The ninja skin is indeed what i saw. I tried testing this (fomar in lobby), however, i didn't see the ninja skin on my dreamcast's screen; Instead I saw a ramarl.

I assumed that the ninja skin was indeed the non existent classes in v2. But i couldnt replicate it. What gives? Any ideas? :?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Sylverant remaps character classes a bit when a character class that a particular version of the game doesn't know about is encountered in the lobby. That said, it should've mapped FOmar to FOmarl, not to RAmarl (which doesn't make sense anyway)... The full mappings should be HUcaseal -> HUcast, FOmar -> FOmarl, and RAmarl -> RAmar. This is actually done to prevent potential problems/crashes that occur with those extra character types and to present a consistent view of the lobby to all the versions of the game prior to the Gamecube version.

Sylverant also does similar things when extra costumes for certain character types from later versions of the game are used.

If you saw the ninja skin, then someone had modified their character data to set that as their skin. Sylverant doesn't do that automatically at all.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

I thought the remapping in the lobby was only supposed to be for Ver.1? Ver.2 uses the ninja skin automatically if you report an invalid class. I guess the lobby remapping is consistent, whereas the team mapping uses the real data. IIRC a Ver.2 player can join a team with a RAmarl in it, but a Ver.1 user can only join a team with GC players as long as there are no new classes in the team, since using RAmar for RAmarl in a team would get messy with all the wrong animations, and Ver.1 will just crash if you report an invalid class.
"Fear the HUnewearl."