hunter's license

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

thaynes
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

hunter's license

Post by thaynes »

Hey everyone,
so im new to the online play. Just modded my wii so i can play online, got the hunter's license part and couldn't move forward. I never played online when the servers were up so dont have a serial number or access key. Can anyone help me out? Really want to play online.

Thanks
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: hunter's license

Post by BlueCrab »

Unfortunately, you will need the serial number and access key that normally comes with the game in order to play on the Gamecube version. In the US versions, its normally on a sticker inside the case, and on other regions, it's normally on a piece of paper in the case (or on the instruction manual, for some versions).

If you don't have that, your best bet would be to look around eBay either for a cheap copy of any of the versions of the game (Episode III probably would be the cheapest) or for a case/instruction manual without the game (assuming that it has the code in it, of course).

It looks like complete copies of the US version of Episode III are going for around $15, and the serial number/access key in those will work with any US version of PSO for the Gamecube (be it Episode I&II, Episode I&II Plus, or Episode III).
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Yeah, Episode III is in low demand compared to Episode I & II, so it's a lot more economical to get serials that way. For the record, the PAL version has serials printed on the back of the instruction manual.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
lazareth
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by lazareth »

to play PSO online with a Wii you must have two things:

Devolution and a copy of the game.

You cannot do it without a physical copy, which should have a serial/access key anyways.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

You also have to have one of the original Wii models that accepts GC discs. You could technically still play the game on a new model, but AFAIK you'd have no way to pass Devolution's verification check when the console wouldn't accept your PSO disc.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
tueidj
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tueidj »

Why are we listing things that he's obviously already got past?
lazareth
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by lazareth »

Tueidj is right.... only devolution can even get to the hunter's license part....

Then he just needs a serial number and access code... which should've been in the game case, or on the disc. (when I bought my copy ages ago, the sticker was on the disc for some god awful reason).
IcemaX
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by IcemaX »

Ordered PSO: EP III from eBay for 20euro's (ship. included), so I'll be joining PSO GC soon too.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Do you also have Episode I & II? Episode III doesn't really work yet, and there are no servers that fully support it. You'll be pretty lonely if you only have Episode III.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
IcemaX
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by IcemaX »

Aleron Ives wrote:Do you also have Episode I & II? Episode III doesn't really work yet, and there are no servers that fully support it. You'll be pretty lonely if you only have Episode III.
I know. My intention is to use serial key from Episode III to play Episode I & II version of PSO with Dolphin Emulator, kinda legal way.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

If you already ripped your Episode I & II disc, then there's nothing wrong with it. Even Sega allowed you to buy only one Hunter's License for use with both games, provided you used the same serials. ;)
"Fear the HUnewearl."