New Player

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Player

Post by sixtenbruce »

When you guys say Us v2 you mean you get a dreamkey 3.0?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

In the US version of PSOv2, if you pick "Website" from the main menu with a BBA attached, you'll get a small configuration tool for the BBA rather than the web browser with the game's website as you would with a Modem attached. That's what we're talking about when we say use the US version of PSOv2 to configure the BBA. :wink:
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

Ah I get it. But how do I run the US version on my european console?
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Use a Game Shark, Code Breaker, or BlueCrab's PSO loader to bypass the region lockout.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

Finally I won a BBA adapter for dreamcast! So now I need a USv2? + BlueCrabs PSOs region lockout?
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

You don't "need" USv2, but it's a confirmed way to set up the BBA properly. European browsers won't work, since they don't support the BBA (due to Sega not releasing it in Europe). BlueCrab's loader is a nice free way to bypass the region lockout, since finding a CB or GS on eBay could be pretty expensive.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
al281442
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by al281442 »

If you're proficient with burning CDs for the Dreamcast there is also a demo version of Action Replay on the internet. Google should get you there in a minute.

It's what I've been using as a boot disc for years.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I'd highly recommend using the Sylverant PSO Patcher to boot the game with. It saves you from having to enter all kinds of codes and it makes it so you don't have to do any swap tricks with your VMUs to prevent the cheat detection stuff in the game from kicking in. :wink:
al281442
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by al281442 »

I never even tried entering a code with that AR demo. It has an option called "start game without codes" which lets you use it like any boot disc.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I mean for playing PSO online. In order to play several versions of PSO online (Japan v1 or v2, US v2) you need to use either a code or the PSO Patcher disc, regardless of whether you use something like the DNS trick to connect to a server.

Plus, the PSO Patcher fixes a couple of mistakes Sega made with some map files being unaccessible in all v2 versions of the game, so it's a worthwhile thing to use anyway. :wink:
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

If AR is lazy like Utopia, it won't boot PSO correctly, anyway. :P Utopia causes all sorts of problems, including various Techniques not working and random crashes.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
al281442
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by al281442 »

I cannot confirm wether AR is suffering from that as I don't use my US version for actually playing the game. I have never encountered problems with other games. Though I prefer just using different consoles if possible.

I've checked the download sections of Sylverant and PSO Palace. Can I find a more detailed list of the features of that PSO Patcher anywhere?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

The PSO Patcher patches various aspects of the game at runtime (so you have to use it as a boot disc each time you want to boot the game up with the patches enabled). The exact patches differ per version of the game, and are detailed below:
  • Patch server address string to sylverant.net [NTE, JPv1, USv1, EUv1, JPv2, USv2, EUv2] - Makes the game connect to Sylverant without having to use any DNS tricks or anything else like that.
  • Hunter's License Check Disable [JPv1, JPv2, USv2] - This patch disables the check with Sega's (long defunct) Hunter's License server, allowing these versions to go online again. The other versions of the game did not attempt to check Sega's Hunter's License server, so they were unaffected.
  • Aleron Ives' Ultimate Mode Mapfix Patch [JPv2, USv2, EUv2] - Patch the map string tables in the binary to fix a bug where Sega left out a few of the maps in ultimate difficulty. This makes it possible to play the quest FAMITSU MAXIMUM ATTACK in Ultimate difficulty.
  • Aleron Ives' Battle Stage Music Patch (Optional) [JPv2, USv2, EUv2] - Patches the music file table in the binary to allow quests in normal mode to use the two battle mode stages with the proper music files. This patch is optional, and you'll be prompted on boot whether you want to use it or not.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Note that the last two patches don't have any effect unless you play quests that utilise the patches (which are currently Famitsu -Maximum Attack- v2 and Prospective Horizons).
"Fear the HUnewearl."
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

So How do I find the PSO Patcher?, is it here on the website and if so do I have burn on e regular CD? I have got both the BBA adapter and the US version 2 now
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

You can find it from the downloads link from the website (which points here, so you don't have to go to the website to find it). If you're on Windows and you don't already have a program like DiscJuggler or Alcohol 120% set up and usable for burning Dreamcast images, I'd recommend grabbing (BootDreams and the Plain files linked to from the PSO Patcher download page and burning it that way).
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

ok now I know how to set up my BBA adapter and configure but I can't. Because when I start the USv2 and try to go to the website the game says I don't have any ISP information? Can anyone help?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Oh... Yeah, you have to set up dialup information of some sort, even if it is all completely made up. I think you need at least to have a phone number and a username/password set for dialup before it'll let you deal with the broadband stuff.

Stupid issue on Sega's part there. :wink:
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

It gives you the same error if you already have the BBA configured but try to go online without a dial-up ISP saved to the flash memory. The ISP check has greater priority than the BBA check, due to an error on Sega's part. As BlueCrab said, fill in fake ISP details for the modem, and then the BBA will work.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

BTW when does your resta heal dr. suicide MOME in the quest unsealed door? My resta is lvl 3 and on gc all techniques is on all party members after lvl 3?