Able to connect with us version but not jp+ version anymore

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

hayame
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Able to connect with us version but not jp+ version anymore

Post by hayame »

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone else plays on sylverant with jp+ and could help me out with this connection problem I have.

Like how the title suggests, I am able to connect to sylverant with my US (non plus) copy of the game via devolution for wii, however I cannot connect using my JP+ copy of the game with the same exact network settings I used for the US version. Even thought I used to be able to, I can't quite pinpoint the exact reason why I cannot connect.

When I try to connect, this is what happens: The warping screen starts after character select, the "dialling" screen pops up for a short amount of time, then it gets stuck on "connecting to the DNS sever." (where as the US version would connect instantly) then it gives me a text like this "(No.102) You could not be connected to the server. Please check that your provider settings are correct before connecting. The line was disconnected. PRESS START" even thought I have the exact provider settings as my US copy.

Thanks to anyone that took their time to read this post and thank you in advance if you're able to help out!

Edit: adding a little more info,
I am using emulated memory card for jp+ and a physical card for us, I have also tried to connect on different wii's
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Able to connect with us version but not jp+ version anym

Post by BlueCrab »

Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of the Japanese version of PSO+, so I can't be of all that much help here. I do know that the US version of PSO+ worked the last time I tried to connect, though.

I'll check later this evening to make sure this is still the case, but I don't think anything has changed that would affect that.
hayame
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by hayame »

Thanks BlueCrab. I've also set up dolphin to connect to sylverant, and what do you know, US works but JP+ doesn't (with same settings of course) :?
tueidj
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tueidj »

Sounds like maybe the JP+ servers aren't being handled by sylverant's DNS?

Edit: yeah, looks like the JP version wants pso-gc01.sonic.isao.net but it's gone missing from Sylverant's DNS?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Ah... Well, that should be fixed now then. :wink:
hayame
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by hayame »

Thanks tueidj and BlueCrab, you guys are the best :)
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I take it that means it is working now. I'm glad it was something easy to fix. :wink:

Thanks to tueidj for pointing it out. :grin: