PSO (& BB) ID Generator for Android 2.3-5.0

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PSO (& BB) ID Generator for Android 2.3-4.4+

Post by AmonX »

Using my Euro Dreamcast Keyboard I can confirm that the game only supports standard ascii at least with names :)
eleriaqueen
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Re: PSO (& BB) ID Generator for Android 2.3-5.0

Post by eleriaqueen »

Aha ! Good to know.

Now if only I were good enough at programming to only allow certain character sets when a mode is selected. :oops:

Uploaded version 0.7 onto my dropbox.
- Android Studio 1.0 used to build signed app yay!
- A few character strings were modified
- Made app officially compatible (by building it agains the API 21 SDK) with Android from 2.3 up to 5.0 (Lollipop).
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

Sorry I haven't taken a look at it yet but assuming you have a checkbox or something to select the mode... when the textbox is changed in non bb mode cant you just delete any non ascii characters entered?
eleriaqueen
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by eleriaqueen »

Hmm yeah but that would be kind of ugly wouldn't it ? I -could- erase what's been typed if any non-ascii character is detected when pressing the "Generate" button and throw an error message but I'm not sure it's the right way ^_^"

EditBox control (what's used to enter the name) supposedly has some way of dealing with "unwanted" characters by using filters (I do already kind of use this thing to limit the length of names if checkbox "pre-BB mode" is ticked or not) but it's pretty complicated to me and it seems every tutorial I read has a different way of implementing it :(

EDIT: I think I'm going to implement something akin to what you suggested for now.
eleriaqueen
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by eleriaqueen »

Uploaded 0.8 APK:
- [Internal] Changed a few Logcat messages

- Revamped toasts, some now last longer and have extended messages (like "For DC / PC / GC: English-only" or "For Blue Burst: Any-Language" when ticking/unticking the mode checkbox)
WARNING : don't go ticking/unticking and clicking on Generate like a mad person, or you'll see minutes of toast messages appear at the bottom of the screen >_>

- "Generate" button now strips any non-ASCII character from input name when in pre-BB mode (thanks AmonX for the idea ^_-)
eleriaqueen
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by eleriaqueen »

Uploaded version 0.9:
- Removed "Drop bias" Toast messages, seems useless in retrospect.
- Toasts have slightly shorter messages.
- Made UI a bit less lame overall.
- Built with Android Studio 1.1.0