high there, new to forums, need some help getting started.

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

zeldasmokes
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

high there, new to forums, need some help getting started.

Post by zeldasmokes »

So, i have finally just moved on and accepted psu, won't be something i can play multiplayer ever.
then thinking there was some hope maybe for a watered down psu, with psp2, or psp2i...
Sadly still a no go, i mean psp2 might happen multiplayer, but as of now, it's beyond me.

So i was thinking, hey be cool to play pso with some friends, as long as we didn't have to share screens again.
reading and hearing lan being brought up allot when referring to the pc copy of the game, i went and got that, have enabled lan everywhere i can, and started to figure out it's not lan like how i thought it meant, since i can't seem to find a lan option anywhere in game.

This led me here, figuring a more simple solution to me and a friend playing pso on two different screens would be to find a good pserver, rather than continuing to ponder about lan, but i seem to have ran into some problems connecting.

this site here..
http://psopalace.sylverant.net/downloads_pc.html
is legit right? like that's where i'm supposed to be getting things i need right?

i replaced all the exe files the readme told me to replace,
got the ip patcher from that site, and attempted to set it as your server.

Then i run the autorun.exe,
select play online
start game
enter serial, and access key provided after regestering an account on http://sylverant.net/
enter email used to regester on http://sylverant.net/.
click regester.
yes.
agree.

then i get this
"an error occurred during the transmission. (Error type: 3)"

i have seen i may need some sort of loader, but i would rather confirm that the site mentioned before is where i should be getting said loader from.

anyway, yea loving the sound of this server and stuff so far, thanks tons to bluecrab and everyone els for hookin it up.

if anyone could bestow some use knowledge for me here based on this little adventure would be great.
my main goal was playing psu,psp1,2,or 2i, or pso on my screen, and then a friend on another screen in the same room as me.

thanks again.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Re: high there, new to forums, need some help getting starte

Post by Aleron Ives »

You also need to replace online.exe with the one on the page you linked. The old online.exe will try to use the SCHTServ patch server, which no longer exists. You won't get the DNS error anymore when you use the Sylverant patch server to complete the registration process.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
zeldasmokes
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by zeldasmokes »

Aleron Ives wrote:You also need to replace online.exe with the one on the page you linked. The old online.exe will try to use the SCHTServ patch server, which no longer exists. You won't get the DNS error anymore when you use the Sylverant patch server to complete the registration process.
thankyou so much man, got it all set up.
this is really cool man xD huge step up from multiplayer on the gc version.

Okay so that site is indeed affiliated with his one so anything i find there is legit right?

thanks for the quick response btw, i figured on a subject like pso ps, it would take 4-5 days xD
on a side note, anyone ever find a way to play psu multiplayer? or psp1 and 2?
this has to be the best place to ask something like that, tho i understand if it is dismissed, being that it's off topic to this thread.

either way, thankyou again.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

There are a few private servers for PSU, but PSU had much more security than PSO, relied much more heavily on the server than PSO, and was far less popular than PSO, thus meaning far fewer people were interested in working on it. None of the private PSU servers are complete, and none of them ever will be now that the official server is gone and with it any chance to collect the required information to get PSU working. PSO Episode III is in a similar situation, but there is still some hope of increasing support for it.

The patches on my site are fine on Altimira, but some of their effects may get you blocked from legit mode on Iselia and Vega which forbids anything Sega didn't allow on the official server.
"Fear the HUnewearl."