Sylverant Downtime

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Sylverant Downtime

Post by BlueCrab »

Sometime tonight (UTC-5), I'll be taking down the main Sylverant server for an OS upgrade (from FreeBSD 8.4 to FreeBSD 10.0). I'm hoping to keep the overall downtime to a minimum, but a large amount of the software on the server will have to be rebuilt to actually perform the update. During any downtime, the website and PSO server will pretty much be completely inaccessible.

Just wanted to warn everyone that isn't following my twitter of that ahead of time. With any luck, everything should be up and running sometime on Tuesday (once again, UTC-5).
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Sylverant Downtime

Post by BlueCrab »

The PSO server should be back up, along with Iselia and Altimira (Vega is also up, but technically it never was down during this process). I'm not quite done with all the required updates, but I figured the rest will take a while, so I'd bring back up the PSO server in the meantime.

I'll still have to reboot the server at least once (when I finish rebuilding a bunch of stuff), but I'll make sure nobody's online before I do that. :wink:
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

So, everything's been rebuilt and seems to be working. I still need to do that reboot of the machine I mentioned before, but it looks like the update was more or less a success. Assuming it all reboots properly, of course. :wink:
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Well, it didn't reboot properly, but I've gotten it fixed now (at least it seems fixed anyway). That should be the end of any downtime for this update pass. :grin: