About: Translators Wanted!

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

About: Translators Wanted!

Post by Didi »

I found this posting on the Website (http://sylverant.net/2011/07/27/transla ... /#comments) and i would like to know how the process because I wanted to know if I can help too?
Passatempo favorito: Jogar os diversos PSOs
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Has thanked: 0

Re: About: Translators Wanted!

Post by Aleron Ives »

Probably the only requirement for translating is that you need a good understanding of the rules used by the language you want to target, i.e. you need to know how to use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, since it would be nice to have "professional" translations. I'm sure BlueCrab can provide you with the text from any quests you might want to translate, but the server isn't set up for Portuguese yet. He would need to add a pt or br flag to the /qlang command before the translations became usable on the ships that support multiple quest languages.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: About: Translators Wanted!

Post by BlueCrab »

Well, the main things, at least from my point of view, are the translations of the strings the server sends out. Unfortunately, I haven't updated the list of strings in a long while, so that is all extremely out of date by now. Simply put, at the moment, I'd need to fix stuff up before looking for someone to translate stuff. I don't know when I'd have the time to do so, however.