Did I mess up my Ramar character?

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

kencaesi
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Did I mess up my Ramar character?

Post by kencaesi »

I have recently had to recreate a corrupted PSOv1 character and I discovered what seems a unusual effect using gameshark codes that allow the user to constantly feed the mag items.

When I used the code with my RAmar character and started to feed mag that would increase "mind", it boosted TP as well. However, now that I have reduced the GS code usage, the amount of TP is about 1/8 more than my RAmar's HP, which does not seem right. What is the average TP of a Lv. 16 RAmar?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Did I mess up my Ramar character?

Post by BlueCrab »

If your MIND stat increases, your TP goes up. That is true no matter how the MIND stat increases, be it through leveling, Mind Materials, or through equipment (mag included). I don't think that any mag feeding codes would have any bearing on that.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Well it's simple, you can't raise HP by raising your mag, however your TP stat may increase when you get MST from either materials, mag MIND stat or specific units for your armor.
You may still raise the stats in other ways, but for now at lvl 16 i believe that is it.

You are raising the base stat, so while it seems bigger than the HP, keep in mind you will hit the max value sooner, meaning eventually the TP stat will grow much slower (raises only by leveling up) and the HP will keep it's grow until it's maximized as well.

In the end, HP will be bigger than TP.
Last edited by K_I_R_E_E_K on Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

kencaesi wrote:I have recently had to recreate a corrupted PSOv1 character and I discovered what seems a unusual effect using gameshark codes that allow the user to constantly feed the mag items.

When I used the code with my RAmar character and started to feed mag that would increase "mind", it boosted TP as well. However, now that I have reduced the GS code usage, the amount of TP is about 1/8 more than my RAmar's HP, which does not seem right. What is the average TP of a Lv. 16 RAmar?
actually you do not have any Ramar :lol: when using a trainer the character loses all essence
and also the game itself being that there is not any grace in using cheats even evolutions mags....GameShark=Trainer
:P
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Let's not start an argument about legitness please? I had enough of those arguments in the past.
kencaesi
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by kencaesi »

I would like to thank everyone for thier replies but from them I can see there has a miscommunication regarding how mag stats influence character stats.

In my case, using codes to constantly feed my mag while it was equipped on my character changed my character's stats to where it cannot be undone. The modification was modest - taking my mag to about Lv. 100 and dedicating 15 levels to MND, my character's TP is greater than its HP with or without the mag equipped.

So again what is the average TP of Lv. 16 Ramar? I serious doubt can I "undo" anything about this character apart of starting another one.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

The only way for your TP to be greater than your HP on a level 16 RAmar without a Mag or units is if you've used multiple Mind Materials or TP Materials. Your Mag can't influence your MST (and by extension, your TP) when it isn't equipped, so whatever you did to your Mag is irrelevant if the effect is present when your Mag isn't equipped. Material usage is irreversible, but it doesn't "break" your character: it only lets you raise your stats faster than normal. Materials don't let you exceed the maximum stats defined for each class, so your HP and TP will even out as you gain more levels.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
kencaesi
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by kencaesi »

I suppose that for posterity I would like to conclude the matter regarding the effect of mag MND levels.

Ultimately I did recreate a new RAmar and did NOT equip the MAG when I used the gameshark to constantly feed it. Although I do not know what the numbers should be the on Lv. 15 V1 RAmar, they seem to be more line the minimal TP users they were created to be.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

As a human ranger, that seems accurate