Ship Palmacosta

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Ship Palmacosta

Post by Didi »

O ship é originalmente destinado aos jogadores que sabem a língua portuguesa. Construído a partir dos esforços do "Didi" e principalmente do "Whithill XBR" com a ajuda de BlueCrab e Aleron Ives.

Mais informações: http://www.palmacosta-pso.blogspot.com/ ... erant.html

Lista de GMs locais:

-->Didi / Rupika / Rico Tyrell
-->Tulio / LAYA

The ship is originally destined for players who know the Portuguese language. Constructed from efforts of "Didi" and especially the "Whithill XBR" with the help BlueCrab and Aleron Ives.

More information: http://www.palmacosta-pso.blogspot.com/ ... erant.html

List of local GMs:

-->Didi / Rupika / Rico Tyrell
-->Tulio / LAYA
Spoiler!
Initial post wrote:Hi BlueCrab, idk if you know me, but I play this game in many servers since 2009 and i'm the admin from Nossa-Língua clan, our team is intended to join all the portuguese speakers who play PSO. and some time ago we stated a PSOBB server, now we would like to host a PSOV2 ship too, But as there are few players that keep playing this version, I believe that creating a new server would make no sense, so we would like to link a ship to the Sylverant shipgate, So this way we can keep playing together and it would also help us to keep the files (quests for instance) translated to portuguese. This way we could also count on your registration system, legit mode and the freedom of changing ships to talk with other players too. I believe it would be very interesting, what about you?

EDIT

This idea has been around for a long time, But before each clan that wanted to play PSOv2 launched their own server, but over time they began to lose strength and the payment of the VPS was done by only one person and it was becoming unviable. But today the Nossa-Língua Clan has a VPS in where they host a PSOBB server and now 6 Gms bear the cost together and they all agreed to host the Palmacosta ship in the same VPS, as some of them were also interested to play on it.
Thus, from the efforts of the Nossa-Lingua members and with all the help from Bluecrab and WhithilXBR this ship was possible.
Last edited by Didi on Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:11 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Passatempo favorito: Jogar os diversos PSOs
Whithil XBR
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Re: Ship Nossa-Língua

Post by Whithil XBR »

I think it's a great idea, and I also sent you a PM about this subject bluecrab

But I don't think it should be limited to portuguese language, we can use something like QLang command to save the quest language preference for each user (we could set pt as default too if needed), and for the game-translation you could use that PT translation I made with kireek in the past. you are free to distribute it in your website if you want.

here is a link to download it:
http://extremelegits.blogspot.com.br/20 ... o-cla.html

I know that you are all questioning if another ship is really needed but I believe this would be really good, as more communities could contribute to the server development.

I don't know so much about C but I'm learning C++, maybe I could help with something, and I know a lot about web-based interfaces using mysql, php, html etc...

I have a friend who plays pso for a long time and know a lot about servers and networking, and another friend who develops in java and knows a lot about pso servers too. I think they could try to help in bug fixing and new stuff.

Also, a new ship with local GMs speaking our language would be great to help new users who don't speak english yet.

I believe we are not the first to ask for linking a ship and for sure we will not be the last. but I'm sure this is a good way to bring more players and keep the ones who already play it in one place instead of creating many servers.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I certainly don't mind discussing this idea further, if you guys want to pursue that path of hosting another ship. At the moment though, I have very little time to devote to Sylverant, unfortunately -- and to implement some things (like a Portuguese language setting for qlang would require at least a little bit of work on my end).

I do agree that having more ships is certainly more of a palatable solution than having more sparsely populated servers.

Basically, as long as everyone's willing to get along and to abide by the server-wide rules (the post is one of the sticky topics at the top of this forum), I wouldn't mind allowing another ship in. Just remember that I'll have very little time on my hands to help with support or anything like that and it may be a while until I could get stuff related to that sorted out. :?
Whithil XBR
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Whithil XBR »

ok, then.. thank you for keeping it clear from the beggining. we are going to start the project in this month.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

I left the topics flow to see where they would end up, however i need to add a tiny detail at this moment.

The idea is fine, i understand why you want a ship, i know you want to make the community larger by introducing new players here (expecially the ones that speak portuguese), making quests that have the pt translation, all of that is great.

In the middle of the process you decided to pick a few GMs, you may have an idea already about the GMs but you mentioned my name as one of the few you would like.
I understand why you picked me, however i left the GM status for good, i was asked to comply and accept things that i do not understand and that cannot be explained, not even by bluecrab.
One sided decisions were made, which was odd considering the Players and users around at the time, the decision had such a narrow view it pretty failed to deliver a justification.
Either nothing was accepted or all was, both were bad so they went the way where they accept 1 thing, but deny everything else, this "everything else" was mentioned by me and others several times and the best i got was a private (aka non public) explanation on how to proceed, in the end it only enforced the biased decisions.
Even GMs need to know on how to proceed, but that requires GMs to ask bluecrab, because there is no explanation whatsoever that is public or available.

This concensus (the ppl administrating) blames bluecrab, as in "i'm not the blame, altough i agreed with the decison" and bluecrab trows the "the majority decided it this way"
You rarely see them taking the resposibility, they share it, they always try to show that others had "more power" and that they are not alone.

You want to administrate the ship, you want to folow those rules, fine, but please, do not drag me into it.

I may help you out with any difficulties you may find, if you need something translated, i may help you out, if the request comes from bluecrab or the others then it will be denied (this was obvious), with you i might help, it may leave a bad taste on my mouth because i'm helping entities that do not please me in the slightest, i don't mean you whithil, i mean the other ship admins.

Would i show interest once GM? yes. Do i want to be one again? No

I do not like giving bs to ppl that ask me questions, and neither i like sugesting how to zigue zag the rules when i'm a GM, it's pointless and pathetic.
You can keep going with your idea, but please, ask someone else to hold that weight.

There i said it. I feel better now.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to that wasn't explained by me. Any time anyone has asked a question about the rules or anything else, I've answered them. Sometimes it may take me a few days to respond, but like everyone else I have a life.

The server-wide rules are pretty easy to understand, even if they are written in archaic English, and I'm happy to explain them if anyone has any questions.

Also, in regard to the rules, they were agreed to unanimously between the administrators of the three ships currently part of Sylverant. None of Impulse, Aleron Ives, nor myself had any reservations about the rules as they are set up. I don't know what you're getting at by saying that the administrators blame me and I blame them back. That is patently false. Yes, I could unilaterally enforce my will if I felt like it, but that would be a horrible decision on my part and would only serve to cause people to leave. That is certainly not what happened with the server rules, nor has it happened with any other decisions on Sylverant.

Let's not dig up the old fights of the past please. I know that people didn't like the rules for various reasons, but guess what, they are the rules. They were agreed to unanimously. They aren't the harsh dictatorial regime that some people seemed to think they were back then and most of the people who were upset over them have gotten over it and realized that there was nothing meant to sleight them in the rules. Sure, some people who seemed to think that the rules were that their unique brand of legitness have left, but in the end as I said back then, there is no way to be legit by Sega's definition and still be playing PSO online. :wink:

Now, please leave these conversations here. We don't need to dig them up. If you would like to discuss things in private, feel free to send me a message. If you'd like to discuss some conversation regarding GMs of the new ship that they are planning that is obviously not taking place here, please keep it to wherever that conversation is taking place (or private messages).

Thanks!
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

I never said you blame the others, but someone (there are 3 admins, you figure out) did. You simply use the "shared resposibility"
So yes, it's false, i never said it that way.

I sended messages already, like i said, they only enforce the biased decisions, Private messages to you are not reliable, what you tell me is different to what you tell others.
I already felt what is it like trying to follow 2 different instructions, both came from you, both were right and both were wrong, simply because they came from the same person.
When it came to show who was responsible, i did my part, from you i never saw a thing, from there i learned my lesson, i'm not going to put effort only to receive complains when i'm following your intructions.

Whithil, find the GMs, talk about them with bluecrab, just don't sugest my name because i'm not going to bother really, i just wish you good luck whithil, maybe you won't experience what i did and i'm hoping you won't.

However, whithil, as a friend i wan't to give you an advice, always doubt on the intentions, always have a step back, don't rush your decisions.

But yeah, another ship would be nice i guess, send me a message if you need anything whithil.
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

What I want most is unity among the players, but it seems the more I try this happens less, since I entered the world of PSO online I Tried this, and I'm always trying to change this situation, but it seems that it is in vain. I hope than my hopes do not end and I do not have to stop playing the one game I play online.
Passatempo favorito: Jogar os diversos PSOs
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:I never said you blame the others, but someone (there are 3 admins, you figure out) did. You simply use the "shared resposibility"
So yes, it's false, i never said it that way.
Somehow, I think you misunderstood something someone said. At least that is my hope.
I sended messages already, like i said, they only enforce the biased decisions, Private messages to you are not reliable, what you tell me is different to what you tell others.
I already felt what is it like trying to follow 2 different instructions, both came from you, both were right and both were wrong, simply because they came from the same person.
When it came to show who was responsible, i did my part, from you i never saw a thing, from there i learned my lesson, i'm not going to put effort only to receive complains when i'm following your intructions.
Once again. What is the specific issue at hand here? Perhaps I have contradicted myself at some point. I'm human. I make mistakes.
Whithil, find the GMs, talk about them with bluecrab, just don't sugest my name because i'm not going to bother really, i just wish you good luck whithil, maybe you won't experience what i did and i'm hoping you won't.

However, whithil, as a friend i wan't to give you an advice, always doubt on the intentions, always have a step back, don't rush your decisions.
I hope I'm misinterpreting what you're saying here. I'm just going to leave it at that.

That said, I hope this topic can go back to the actual topic at hand.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Didi wrote:What I want most is unity among the players, but it seems the more I try this happens less, since I entered the world of PSO online I Tried this, and I'm always trying to change this situation, but it seems that it is in vain. I hope than my hopes do not end and I do not have to stop playing the one game I play online.
I certainly agree with the whole unity thought. It'd be really nice to try to unite all the people still playing PSOv1/PSOv2 under one roof so that everyone can enjoy it together.
Whithil XBR
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Whithil XBR »

no quoting needed here.

So... Mmmm.. Kireek, I think i understand your point. And I'm sorry because I should have talked to you first.
Come see the ship when it get's online and linked ok? :wink:

Bluecrab and Didi, looks like we agree about what lead us to want this new ship. and i'm starting to compile it right now...

about the local GMs, i'm kinda lost now... Didi will not accept as he already admins website and psobb server from the Nossa-lingua community... kireek made his point too, so looks like i'll be alone for now :(

The software documentation is really good now and I think i'll not need to ask bluecrab about the compiling phase, but i'll need some help to configure it.

I think I don't have anything else to add to the topic. About the rest, time will tell...
Whithil XBR
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Whithil XBR »

good news didi changed his mind and is going to help as GM (thank god)
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

The goal certainly pleases me, i may make an effort to help whenever necessary for the good of all players playing, it's iniciatives like this that i enjoy, so do not worry whithil, you may call for me at any time to help you out with your ideas ;)
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

exellent idea but as soon as one of the members in the forum legits I also think that if the ship is opened the name should be another (so-because nossa-lingua) would not practically away members of the Portuguese ship accidentally of course.
Well Good luck xD
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Every time I see that name, I think it says Nossa-Linguiça. It's the tastiest ship! :lol:
"Fear the HUnewearl."
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Aleron Ives wrote:Every time I see that name, I think it says Nossa-Linguiça. It's the tastiest ship! :lol:
Nossa-Linguiça LOL :lol:
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Naming and other things will be worked out in due time. Sylverant does have a naming scheme to conform to, after all. :wink:
Whithil XBR
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Whithil XBR »

we were think about "familia" it ends with an "a" just like the other ships and it means "Family" in portuguese
Whithil XBR
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Whithil XBR »

so, to link the ship here, i believe the only modules needed will be Libsylverant and ship_server, right?

by the way, I had to edit a line in: ship_server\configure.ac

Code: Select all

Line 26: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([foreign subdir-objects -Wall -Werror])
changed this to allow subdirectory search because the compiler was giving me errors about "src/filename.c" being in a subdirectory but subdirectories were disabled

I don't think it's relevant anyway, maybe my compiler is just outdated.

* EDIT *
Well I think it's almost done here... Bluecrab can you please send me the info needed to link the ship to your shipgate in a PM? Thank you.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Whithil XBR wrote:we were think about "familia" it ends with an "a" just like the other ships and it means "Family" in portuguese
That's not the naming scheme though (and I hadn't actually noticed that fact until you just pointed it out) :lol:
Whithil XBR wrote:so, to link the ship here, i believe the only modules needed will be Libsylverant and ship_server, right?

by the way, I had to edit a line in: ship_server\configure.ac

Code: Select all

Line 26: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([foreign subdir-objects -Wall -Werror])
changed this to allow subdirectory search because the compiler was giving me errors about "src/filename.c" being in a subdirectory but subdirectories were disabled

I don't think it's relevant anyway, maybe my compiler is just outdated.
Or it could be that you're using a newer or more strict version of the program that I was. I'll look into that.
* EDIT *
Well I think it's almost done here... Bluecrab can you please send me the info needed to link the ship to your shipgate in a PM? Thank you.
I'll need to prepare some stuff like keys and the like. I'm not feeling all that well right now (I've been a bit under the weather for the past couple of days), but I'll see if I can get a chance to do so later today or tomorrow.