Ship Palmacosta

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Lee
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ship Palmacosta

Post by Lee »

Kra's tool to change lighting, isn't kra's tool at all, it's just copy pasted source code from the map viewer (without credit i might add) schthack released moron with editable boxes for the rgb values. Sigh this is like talking to a brick wall.

I virtually have more public pso tools for users to use made by me, then almost anyone. That's not bragging, that is the reality, when you include things i have collaborated on with schthack or other people the number get's even higher (things like qedit).

I have shared more information about pso's general technical workings from my reverse engineering then virtually anyone, huge portions of soda's server source uses information sourced either directly or indirectly from me. That in turn means bluecrabs server does whether he realizes it or not has chuks of information from for example, my pt load code or my pmt loading code and structs in sodas server etc...

These tools exist for retards like yourself to understand more complex things then they would otherwise and automate tasks.

You're an idiot.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Lee wrote:without credit i might add
The change log that is available publicly states clearly that schthack code was used to complement the program in an early version.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Now, now... We've drifted more than a little bit off-topic here...

I'm not going to get involved in any sort of drama, as I've sworn off of PSO drama for the past few years. I know that there is tension here, but I'd kinda prefer that it didn't boil over any more.

That is all.

EDIT: Also, Lee, yes, I know you're the ultimate source on how the ItemPT files are laid out and such. I actually got quite a bit of information from a topic on the PSOBB Eden forums where you talked about that stuff. The comment above the ItemPT entry structure for GC/BB in Sylverant's code links to that topic and gives credit to you (as well as the Tethealla source code) for the information. :wink: Thanks, by the way, for figuring all of these obscure data files out. :)
Lee
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Lee »

To be honest, all of that in the source to soda's server was from me anyway, Item pmt, pt, box drops and map loading, some mod id stuff and god knows what else i don't remember telling terry.
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

Well, the quest "Mop-up Operation # 4" for v1 of the ship is giving an error that it was unable to resolve, anybody could you send me the file of this quest you have on other ships?
Passatempo favorito: Jogar os diversos PSOs
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Didi wrote:Well, the quest "Mop-up Operation # 4" for v1 of the ship is giving an error that it was unable to resolve, anybody could you send me the file of this quest you have on other ships?
Done.
TinaUk
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by TinaUk »

Lee wrote:To be honest, all of that in the source to soda's server was from me anyway, Item pmt, pt, box drops and map loading, some mod id stuff and god knows what else i don't remember telling terry.
I'm Surprise I never imagined that you would do a bad job Lee the tethealla this fragmentary,incomplete projects should never leave the paper and terry, soda is a coward disappeared before more people asked for help on ch-mode to tethealla =P
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

TinaUk wrote:
Lee wrote:To be honest, all of that in the source to soda's server was from me anyway, Item pmt, pt, box drops and map loading, some mod id stuff and god knows what else i don't remember telling terry.
I'm Surprise I never imagined that you would do a bad job Lee the tethealla this fragmentary,incomplete projects should never leave the paper and terry, soda is a coward disappeared before more people asked for help on ch-mode to tethealla =P
Lee wasn't saying he wrote the code (at least I'm reasonably sure he wasn't) -- just that the code was basically taken word-for-word from descriptions he gave to Terry.

That said, if incomplete projects never left the paper, then Sylverant (and most other software, really) probably would never exist in any public form. It's pretty much impossible to ever be "completely done" with most software projects, after all.
TinaUk
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by TinaUk »

BlueCrab wrote:
TinaUk wrote:
Lee wasn't saying he wrote the code (at least I'm reasonably sure he wasn't) -- just that the code was basically taken word-for-word from descriptions he gave to Terry.

That said, if incomplete projects never left the paper, then Sylverant (and most other software, really) probably would never exist in any public form. It's pretty much impossible to ever be "completely done" with most software projects, after all.
Okay he still could have done all the work tethealla had to have at least the prepared Exchange functions, what's the point of that whole project unfinished then think or lee deliberately not passed the codes or also not know due to access restriction that he clearly has on engine schithack :grin:
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Terry implemented Tethealla's stuff based on notes that Lee passed along to him. What use would Lee have in finishing up with Terry's project if Terry didn't want to do it? I certainly wouldn't expect Lee to finish with any unfinished portions of Sylverant's code if I were to ever give up. I don't know why you'd expect Lee to finish Tethealla's.

Whether or not Lee wanted to continue passing information along to Terry is completely his decision. Perhaps Lee did pass more information along to Terry and then Terry just never got around to doing anything with the information. Perhaps he didn't. No matter what the case, I don't see why it would be Lee's fault that things are undone in Tethealla.

That said, Tethealla's open-source. You can always pick up where Terry left off, if you think you're up to the task.
TinaUk
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by TinaUk »

BlueCrab wrote:Terry implemented Tethealla's stuff based on notes that Lee passed along to him. What use would Lee have in finishing up with Terry's project if Terry didn't want to do it? I certainly wouldn't expect Lee to finish with any unfinished portions of Sylverant's code if I were to ever give up. I don't know why you'd expect Lee to finish Tethealla's.

Whether or not Lee wanted to continue passing information along to Terry is completely his decision. Perhaps Lee did pass more information along to Terry and then Terry just never got around to doing anything with the information. Perhaps he didn't. No matter what the case, I don't see why it would be Lee's fault that things are undone in Tethealla.

That said, Tethealla's open-source. You can always pick up where Terry left off, if you think you're up to the task.
......bad manners I at no time said that could complete the project tethealla I just was surprise to hear that Lee also participated in the pioneer2 project he rarely does services in half like this so I made the question :evil:
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I apologize if I misunderstood what you were saying, but no matter how I read what you wrote, it still says to me that you were asking why Lee didn't finish with Terry's work.

If that was not your intent, I apologize for misunderstanding. I didn't mean for anything I said to seem insulting. I just wanted to make sure to clear up any misunderstandings on the subject.
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

What did must have caused this error?

Code: Select all

[2014:12:24: 18:02:12.000]: Palmacosta: Accepted GC ship connection from (XXX)
[2014:12:24: 18:02:12.078]: Unknown packet!
0000 14 97 3F 00 E8 9C 34 8D F9 6D 41 FE 7F 68 33 68 	..?...4..mA..h3h
0010 EB 94 B2 5C D2 5E 6A 62 EE 02 86 3C A6 F3 0D 65 	...\.^jb...<...e
0020 EA CE 77 3D 37 36 67 CC 1E DF FC 8E 0E B0 87 38 	..w=76g........8
0030 40 FE 38 4C 37 E0 37 6D 5A F6 AD D9 F2 5B 46    	@.8L7.7mZ....[F
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Quite possibly a packet getting corrupted along the way.
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

On the site you talked about the resource / trackkills, and said:
"hopefully Palmacosta updates relatively soon to enable this feature"
What is the process, recompile?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Update the code from the Subversion repository, "make clean", and recompile.

Then you'll need to configure the maps for the server. You'll have to extract them from a copy of the game (for V2, either from the Dreamcast version or the PC version works -- in the PC version you can find them in Media/PSO/SET off of the PSO installation directory), rename them to match what the server expects, then configure them in the ship_config.xml file.

Refer to the following examples of how to rename the map files for the server:
map_city00_00o.dat -> m000_o.dat
map_city00_00e.dat -> m000.dat
map_forest01_00o.dat -> m100_o.dat
map_forest01_00e.dat -> m100.dat
map_forest01_01o.dat -> m101_o.dat
map_forest01_01e.dat -> m101.dat
map_forest02_00o.dat -> m200_o.dat
map_forest02_00e.dat -> m200.dat
map_cave01_00_00o.dat -> m300_o.dat
map_cave01_00_00e.dat -> m300.dat
map_cave01_00_01o.dat -> m301_o.dat
map_cave01_00_01e.dat -> m301.dat
map_cave01_01_00o.dat -> m310_o.dat
map_cave01_01_00e.dat -> m310.dat
map_cave01_01_01o.dat -> m311_o.dat
map_cave01_01_01e.dat -> m311.dat
map_cave02_0x_0yo.dat -> m4xy_o.dat
map_cave02_0x_0ye.dat -> m4xy.dat
map_cave03_0x_0yo.dat -> m5xy_o.dat
map_cave03_0x_0ye.dat -> m5xy.dat
map_machine01_0x_0yo.dat -> m6xy_o.dat
map_machine01_0x_0ye.dat -> m6xy.dat
map_machine02_0x_0yo.dat -> m7xy_o.dat
map_machine02_0x_0ye.dat -> m7xy.dat
map_ancient01_0x_0yo.dat -> m8xy_o.dat
map_ancient01_0x_0ye.dat -> m8xy.dat
map_ancient02_0x_0yo.dat -> m9xy_o.dat
map_ancient02_0x_0ye.dat -> m9xy.dat
map_ancient03_0x_0yo.dat -> mAxy_o.dat
map_ancient03_0x_0ye.dat -> mAxy.dat
map_boss01o.dat -> mB00_o.dat
map_boss01e.dat -> mB00.dat
map_boss02o.dat -> mC00_o.dat
map_boss02e.dat -> mC00.dat
map_boss03o.dat -> mD00_o.dat
map_boss03e.dat -> mD00.dat
map_boss04o.dat -> mE00_o.dat
map_boss04e.dat -> mE00.dat

Place those map files in the $SYLVERANT_ROOT/maps/v2 directory (where $SYLVERANT_ROOT is normally /usr/local/share/sylverant or something like that), then add the following to your ship_config.xml file, somewhere before the </ship> tag:

<v2maps dir="maps/v2" />
You will also need to do likewise for PSO for Gamecube if you wish for enemy tracking to work there. The maps for that can be acquired from any copy of PSO for Gamecube (or probably from the Xbox version as well, but I've never tested that). You'll also have to deal with Episode II maps on the Gamecube version, so there's a bit more work to be done there.

Yes, this is quite a bit of work, but it is needed to make sure the stuff functions properly (and it'll have the extra effect of doing most of the configuration for server-side drops if you were to want to enable that).
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

I did exactly as you said, but now it's happening the following error:

[2015:01:05: 17:28:15.545]: Cannot read map m1000.dat: No such file or directory
[2015:01:05: 17:28:15.545]: Error reading GC parameter data. Server-side drops will be disabled for PSOGC.
Does not have this quest in the folder, which will be named wrong, or is another quest should I put there?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Gamecube maps have an extra parameter -- namely the episode. So, for Gamecube, the Episode 1 maps will be m1xyz.dat/m1xyz_o.dat (following the same pattern as for PSOv2), and the Episode 2 maps will be m2xyz.dat/m2xyz_o.dat. I don't remember the order of the levels off the top of my head for Episode 2, and I'm not able to look them up at this exact moment either.
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

Thank you for help, although not yet decided on the GC, is already working the Trackkills to ship palmacosta if you can update the information on there sitem, I will be grateful.

Else that needs an update is there in the wiki where you put the Instructions on how to configure Sylverant Ship Server in GC quest configuration you said you would M 1 to episode 1 and 2 for the second episode, when in fact is W so you just inform.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

The event post now reflects that Palmacosta supports kill tracking. ;)
"Fear the HUnewearl."