Ship Palmacosta

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ship Palmacosta

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

I'll use person "number 1" and person "number 2" to define both the issues that happened here.

Both person "number 1" and "number 2" find that there is an issue with commands being used out of order, creating the issue of legit marked games that have a set lvl inferior to the difficulty (like ultimate legit marked games with a required lvl of 1)
"number 1" reports the issue, issue is resolved and the entire combo reverts back to what other ships have to avoid these invulgar games
"number 2" does not report.
Later on (like months later), "number 2" mentions in a topic that there was an issue with certain commands.
"number 1" goes to check said report and finds nothing because the issue had been resolved.
"number 2" does a "oops" moment and refers that the last time he logged on the ship there was indeed an issue, but he made a mistake, move along.

If the issue was fixed, why mention it?
If it was a day or even a week, it's understandable, but several months? is that a good performance?
Why doesn't anyone report bugs with sylverant when it was on revision 50 for example, why is that? common sense ppl.

We have the 2nd case, TTF ++ where the quest had an issue with a crash in a certain canabin room on PC and the quest also had issues on the 2nd boss on GC.
These issues were reported by several ppl including "number 1", "number 2" knew these issues but didn't really understand them.
One of the issues was fixed by removing the quest from the GC list until it was indeed trully fixed.
Later on "number 2" reports a crash on DC and PC, an issue with the quest on GC and 2 bosses on the same battlefield also caused issues.

On a more detailed information certain bosses in duplicate do cause issues, but not the 1st boss, that was the only boss that appeared twice in the quest, so that means it didn't cause issues.
GC quest had been removed. So this issue couldn't even be tested because said quest didn't exist
The DC and PC crash wasn't entirely correct, it doesn't happen on DC, only on PC can you suffer a crash.

3 issues, one was partial, the other 2 didn't exist.
So that's 4 separate issues, only one was confirmed and was reported much sooner by other players and "number 1", bluecrab, can you tell me what is the % of issues that could not happen when the report was made? Can anyone tell me what is 3 out of 4?

Bluecrab, you tell me, do you find these reports acceptable? are they good? are they at the same lvl as other bug reports?
These are 2 situations, these are the results and for me that's all that matters.

If ives is improving, good, that is very good, he's trying to reach the average lvl, i simply looked at his past history, it's here on these very forums.

I do not and i never will incentivate bad reports, i cannot compliment a person if the results are bad, i can't say "good work" to a person that does a bug report and then say the exact same thing to a person that does a bug report 6 months later only to find the majority of the issues can't be reproduced or that in a way or another they were fixed.

You want to do it, fine. Don't ask the rest of us to do the same.
My advice to didi is simple, find someone to test the quests and report them back to you, that isn't ives. Didi can indeed ignore my advice, but i still want to give it to him, it's up to him to decide in the end.

Bluecrab, part of me may be angry, but when i hear bug reports that i have reported in the past, deep down i feel sad because sometimes i can't believe some of the situations that happen.
Didi is having difficulties, but i applaud his effort in trying to get things going, help him in that regard, if you make a bug report, try not to waste his time, check the bugs, check the issues 1st, confirm and then report.

When i found the issues with commands, i reported them, when i heard the same issues from a certain someone, i also checked them, right there, 5 minutes later after reading said issue.
When someone says an excuse like "when i last logged in on the ship, the bug still existed" means this lack of effort was made on purpose, why delay bug reports, why not check them before stating them?
Now that i mention this straight forward, i'm the one with a vendetta, i'm the one lying? Right.....
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:i simply looked at his past history, it's here on these very forums.
Apparently you don't even know what a bug report is, so you're upset over an isolated incident from several years ago that didn't even really happen in the first place. I never made a TTF++ bug report on this forum, as doing so would make no sense when Impulse isn't even registered here. I'm guessing that you're referring to this post, which is not a bug report, as it is not intended to inform the person(s) responsible for the quest of something they should fix; it is an observation of the problems I saw when I played the quest with no expectation that the problems would get fixed (if they still existed) or knowledge of whether they had gotten fixed since the last time I played the quest. It is within my rights as a PSO player to inform other players of the experience I had the last time I played a certain quest, and if the quest has since been fixed, it is also within the rights of other users who have played the quest more recently to post their updated experiences.

If I wanted to make a bug report for TTF++, I would have posted on DC-Talk, where Impulse would have actually seen it, which is exactly what I did over four months earlier, as mentioned in this post, which publicly confirms that I sent Impulse a PM the day before to inform him of the TTF++ PC crash. (I still have the PM.) I don't recall ever reading a public notice that either Neoblast or Impulse had fixed the quest, and it isn't even my responbility to keep up with such things, anyway, as neither I nor BlueCrab have any control over what Impulse does on Vega. In any event, I have had to waste a great deal of time digging up the posts and private messages to prove that your claims are false, so do not post more libelous material on this forum.

Also, it is perfectly possible for a quest with too many enemies to crash DC, although it will be much more erratic than it is on PC. PC will crash outright when the enemies spawn, but any quest with enough enemies to cause serious slowdown has the potential to overheat the DC and FSOD the game. Even quests with reasonable enemy waves can cause such an effect if the DC is in poor condition and isn't getting adequately cooled; one of our players experienced that exact problem barely a month ago, so please don't say that I "didn't really understand" the bugs when I am the most knowledgeable person on this forum about what PSO can and cannot handle during quests.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

as it is not intended to inform the person(s) responsible
It is within my rights as a PSO player to inform other players
Aren't you a ship admin and a player? Isn't bluecrab a ship admin and a player? Isn't impulse a ship admin and a player?

You don't need to justify yourself, i just lied remember.
My explanation was towards bluecrab. Mentioning issues when they can't be reproduced or lack of effort on checking said issues before stating them is something i don't do.

Yes, for Mr. ives we need public posts stating the fixes or changes in quests, otherwise the poor guy won't waste 5 minutes checking things out.

It's his right to inform players of past experiences (without mentioning dates)
He isn't forced to keep up with changes.

Yes, you are right ives, a person can indeed do that, no i won't congratulate you the same way a person that informs correctly and keeps up with changes.
Peace.
Fallingferret
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by Fallingferret »

Literally shitposting at this point.

Maybe stop derailing Didi's ship thread? They probably have enough to deal with already, and this past anything relevant to Palmacosta
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

BR * didi o palmacosta esta sem o comando de quedas , poderia corrigir isso?
EN * palmacosta ship not supported the command /sdrops to clients now
What? because please fix it :roll:
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
TulioAdriano
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by TulioAdriano »

legit nyck wrote:BR * didi o palmacosta esta sem o comando de quedas , poderia corrigir isso?
The Server Drops command is not enabled for Palmacosta at this time, it isn't a bug that needs fixing, just a ship configuration choice.
*PT O comando de sdrops está desativado na Palmacosta no momento, não há necessidade de conserto, pois foi uma escolha nossa.
There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binaries and those who don't.
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

TulioAdriano wrote:
legit nyck wrote:BR * didi o palmacosta esta sem o comando de quedas , poderia corrigir isso?
The Server Drops command is not enabled for Palmacosta at this time, it isn't a bug that needs fixing, just a ship configuration choice.
*PT O comando de sdrops está desativado na Palmacosta no momento, não há necessidade de conserto, pois foi uma escolha nossa.
Hummm...entendo mas se me permite dizer foi uma péssima escolha considerando que todos os demais ships tem esse comando, ( se bem que esse comando não vale nada pois não cai nada de diferente ) =P

understand but if I may say it was a bad choice considering that all other ships has this command (although this command is worthless because it does not DROP anything different )
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

legit nyck wrote:understand but if I may say it was a bad choice considering that all other ships has this command (although this command is worthless because it does not DROP anything different )
On Iselia /sdrops does follow the Sega drop chart exactly (the data is taken directly from the game with no modifications). That's not to say they can't be modified, it's just that I have chosen not to, for various reasons (like keeping the peace with those who would find that a method of cheating).
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

BlueCrab wrote:
legit nyck wrote:understand but if I may say it was a bad choice considering that all other ships has this command (although this command is worthless because it does not DROP anything different )
On Iselia /sdrops does follow the Sega drop chart exactly (the data is taken directly from the game with no modifications). That's not to say they can't be modified, it's just that I have chosen not to, for various reasons (like keeping the peace with those who would find that a method of cheating).
Hmmm ...I understand now increasingly admire me with you xD
Thanks for the info :wink:
TulioAdriano
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by TulioAdriano »

Just to let you know, Palmacosta is fully supporting /trackkill and server drops for both PC and GC. All drops are 100% Sega compliant as it is with Iselia.

Infinite thanks to Aleron Ives for his valuable information and for keeping me company while I wrote a tool to rename the map_ files. :D
There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binaries and those who don't.
kevlarAK
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by kevlarAK »

One of my best friends on the Xbox version, was a Portuguese speaker from California. I will be sure to join you all, the next time I play online. fwiw, I speak a little Spanish. Also, some Eskimo. haha
TulioAdriano
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by TulioAdriano »

Hey Bluecrab.

Tried to update the shipserver but after a git pull on libsylverant and make a compile error shows up.
Spoiler!

Code: Select all

config.c:231:24: error: use of undeclared identifier 'errno'
              strerror(errno));
                       ^
1 error generated.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[2]: stopped in /usr/local/sylverant/libsylverant/src/utils
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/local/sylverant/libsylverant/src
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/local/sylverant/libsylverant
Any suggestions?

Let me know if you prefer those to be reported via PM. :)
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Onde esta aquela galera que dizia que estaria presente? Cade a comunidade? Didi e o pessoal do clã nossa lingua eu compreendo que nao sejam ativos nessa versao até porque nunca foram mas whithil xbr e sua turma esses sempre jogaram pso pc/dc e mesmo esses nunca vi online aqui...até o cirilo G vulgo megalow sumiu *_* onde estão? Quem são? Onde vivem? Hoje no globo repórter hahahaha ( I sent this post in my language because I miss the old times with my friends ) estou aguardando voces no Palmacosta todos os dias apartir das 20:00 horas no horario de brazilia XD
TulioAdriano
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by TulioAdriano »

Hi Nyck. Check our website, there's a link to our discord there.

https://palmacosta-pso.blogspot.com/
These users thanked the author TulioAdriano for the post:
legit nyck
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Thank you I visited the page last year if I'm not mistaken and today again, if i may say this all very beautiful but also confused Lol when I click to log in on the site / forum I am redirected to a page of students hahaha, anyway I'm happy to know that are still in active XD we see ourselves in the game
" desmembrar aqueles forums seria uma boa ideia eu enviei uma mensagem na aba sobre o palmacosta mas a mensagem apareceu em uma sobre educacao fisica... porque nao cria um forum simples apenas sobre o palmacosta? Se me permite dizer a baixa participacao dos usuarios naquele forum se dá ao motivo de toda aquela bagunça
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

The ship is offline a few days maintenance?
Rico Tyrell
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Rico Tyrell »

oque houve? o server palmacosta n tah la
These users thanked the author Rico Tyrell for the post:
legit nyck
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

It is not a server is just a ship hosted on sylverant, I sent a private message to the administrator of palmacosta last week but did not get answer, maybe he is sick or maybe even forgot to check if the ship is online, Rico send messages in English in this forum use a translator if possible
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I contacted the admin of Palmacosta and they have restarted it. It should be up and running again.
These users thanked the author BlueCrab for the post (total 2):
Rico Tyrelllegit nyck
Rico Tyrell
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Rico Tyrell »

legit nyck wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:04 am It is not a server is just a ship hosted on sylverant, I sent a private message to the administrator of palmacosta last week but did not get answer, maybe he is sick or maybe even forgot to check if the ship is online, Rico send messages in English in this forum use a translator if possible
okaay mas o palmacosta não é brasileiro? então aqui eu posso falar em brasileiro ué :? e se eu posso usar um tradutor eles também podem né? :lol: o bluecrab falou com o admin ele ja religou o palmacosta vamos jogar?