question Q.edit pso

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

question Q.edit pso

Post by legit nyck »

question about turning quests BB PC \ DC using Q.edit
have 300 quests before I wore on my server and I would like to share them with sylverant
if they want to teach me how to convert quests PSOBB to psopc gladly share the quests with you
xD or case bluecrab or aleron ives want to do this conversion let me know and I will pass to you guys ^^
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
Has thanked: 0

Re: question Q.edit pso

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Well, from previous situations, CBNJ also asked for help on pso palace as he wanted to share his converted quest, however, no replies ever came (from any user registered there), there was no interest in helping him, the result was CBNJ comming to dc-talk and he ended finding someone who actually showed interest (me, what a suprise huh?), after some persistant talking from my part, impulse placed the quest and we tested it together, i believe there is still a bug left behing, but nothing major really.

My point is, i gave him no help in qedit, i merely served as a intermidiary because i wanted him to contribute, i didn't want him to put effort and then receive the same treatment he got on another forum.

By default the interest is none really, maybe asside from bluecrab, all i can say is that the other topic on the other forum has no replies and it's been like that for more than 2 years.
A reply may appear, but only after i said something.

CBNJ may be a good person to help you out, his experience in handling some tools in some complex ways is incredible, i never knew common tools could be used to the extends he showed me, the problem is mainly contacting him as i haven't seen him for a long time and i have no idea if his emails are still beeing used.
He already converted quests so he may be able to guide you in the process with relative easiness.
Last edited by K_I_R_E_E_K on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:Well, from previous situations, CBNJ also asked for help on pso palace as he wanted to share his converted quest, however, no replies ever came (from any user registered there), there was no interest in helping them, the result was CBNJ comming to dc-talk and he ended finding someone who actually showed interest (me, what a suprise huh?), after some persistant talking from my part, impulse placed the quest and we tested it together, i believe there is still a bug left behing, but nothing major really.

My point is, i gave him no help in qedit, i merely served as a intermidiary because i wanted him to contribute, i didn't want him to put effort and then receive the same treatment he got on another forum.

By default the interest is none really, maybe asside from bluecrab, all i can say is that the other topic on the other forum has no replies and it's been like that for more than 2 years.
A reply may appear, but only after i said something.

CBNJ may be a good person to help you out, his experience in handling some tools in some complex ways is incredible, i never knew common tools could be used to the extends he showed me, the problem is mainly contacting him as i haven't seen him for a long time and i have no idea if his emails are still beeing used.
He already converted quests so he may be able to guide you in the process with relative easiness.
I appreciate your help I will look for it xD
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
Has thanked: 0

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

If you do find him, let me know.

Basicaly all you need is to probably change the file format (so it's a pso v2/v1 quest) and remove the opcodes that PSO v2 cannot use, as you might expect, you might to need to replace them with other opcodes or change the quest "progress". This however needs to be checked 1 quest at a time as all quests are different.
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:If you do find him, let me know.

Basicaly all you need is to probably change the file format (so it's a pso v2/v1 quest) and remove the opcodes that PSO v2 cannot use, as you might expect, you might to need to replace them with other opcodes or change the quest "progress". This however needs to be checked 1 quest at a time as all quests are different.

ok thank you I looking for it right now