PSO Dreamcast Sever Issues?

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Jsyzer
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

PSO Dreamcast Sever Issues?

Post by Jsyzer »

I was able to connect to both servers around January with no problem. Both version 1 and 2 I played online on DC. However, when I try to connect with both now, using the same settings, I can connect to the lobby in v.1, see people, then hangs, and I get the line has been disconnected. Version 2 won't connect, it just says the line has been disconnected after trying. If I haven't changed my settings, and these once worked, and I can somewhat get connected with version 1 for DC, would anyone have an idea what could be going on?

Should I use the PSO v.2 patch as a boot disc, then put in my PSO v.2 cd? I have tried this, makes no difference helping to connect, just wondering.

I have store bought, new PSO 1 and 2 discs, my keys, connecting through broadband. My DC battery is dead and the time resets every time I shut it off; could this be an issue? I have Verizon Fios.

Any help would be much appreciated.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: PSO Dreamcast Sever Issues?

Post by BlueCrab »

Jsyzer wrote:Should I use the PSO v.2 patch as a boot disc, then put in my PSO v.2 cd? I have tried this, makes no difference helping to connect, just wondering.
Yes, that's how the patcher disc effectively works. Without doing so, you cannot use the US version of PSOv2 online at all (without using a CodeBreaker anyway).
I have store bought, new PSO 1 and 2 discs, my keys, connecting through broadband. My DC battery is dead and the time resets every time I shut it off; could this be an issue?
That shouldn't be an issue. The game gets its idea of the real time from the server, not from your console.

My gut instinct would be to make sure that nothing else odd has changed on your network (or in your router's settings). Make sure no other machines on your home's network have managed to get a hold of the IP address you've assigned to your Dreamcast. Also, make sure the settings are still correctly set in the Flashrom and haven't been corrupted somehow (if you're using the US PSOv2, just go to the Website option, and you can adjust them from there).

I just checked to make sure I could connect successfully on my Dreamcast, and indeed I can with my copy of US PSOv2. I didn't have any trouble (that could be attributed to the server anyway... user-error, sure -- I had a HIT-0300 Lan Adapter plugged into the Dreamcast instead of a BBA, which obviously doesn't work with PSO).
Jsyzer
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jsyzer »

Hi BlueCrab. I tried again this weekend and was able to successfully connect to PSO v.1 and v.2. Thank you.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Jsyzer wrote:Hi BlueCrab. I tried again this weekend and was able to successfully connect to PSO v.1 and v.2. Thank you.
Glad to hear it was working. PSO seems to be very susceptible to random network-related problems. Hopefully they don't show up for you again.