PSO New Patches For Dreamcast??

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Jsyzer
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

PSO New Patches For Dreamcast??

Post by Jsyzer »

I was able to connect to PSO v.1 and v.2 until recently. Do I have to install this new patch: https://code.google.com/p/sylverant/dow ... 2&can=2&q=

PSO v.1 connects, but it hangs in the lobby. PSO v.2 says the line has been disconnected when connecting. These are new errors, I was able to connect before.

If I need the patch above, what do I do with the above file? I unzipped it, should I just put the folder on a CD?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Re: PSO New Patches For Dreamcast??

Post by |darc| »

What disc are you using to play? If you're using the official GD-ROM disc, it shouldn't have been working for years. If you're using a downloaded/burned copy that was prepatched, well, you would have to ask whoever provided you with that copy about it.

But no, Dreamcast discs are in a special format, you can't just burn a folder to a disc.

I'm assuming you're on a Windows PC--Download and install discjuggler and install it, click create new, select to burn a disc from an image file, and then select the CDI file from the zip. This will make a patcher/swap disc. But this patcher disc only works with official GD-ROMs, so if you don't have an official copy you should buy one--they're only like $10 on eBay for a new sealed copy.
It's thinking...
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: PSO New Patches For Dreamcast??

Post by BlueCrab »

The PSO Patcher v1.2 that's posted up there is only the source code. It is not necessary to connect, and actually corresponds to the code that was used to build the Planet Ring patcher disc. There is no reason to use v1.2 over v1.1 if you're just using it for PSO.