Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Jsyzer
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jsyzer »

Hello all...

It is 12:30 est and I am connected to your server. I tried connecting to the schtack server but they keep telling me I am banned even though I never played on their servers before.

I am happy I was able to connect to you guys easily. I look forward to playing some of you online in the future....when are people usually on?

Happy New Year!
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Re: Newbie

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

You probably forgot to register your GC# on that server, since you're not in the database then it keeps you out.
I'm on when i'm avaiable and when i see others online, i will be busy in the following days but i may be able to play a random game or 2.
I'm usually avaiable from 20 - 24 GMT and i only play legit games, however you may find other kinds of players more frequently at any random time, just check sylverant main page to see if anyone is on.

Welcome and enjoy your stay
Jsyzer
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Jsyzer »

I am connected through a Dreamcast. Am I supposed to register something, I went to register but was told playing through a DC it's not required.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

I do not know how are the connect settings over there, maybe you're using a shared serial that got banned, but even that is unlikely, you will have to ask there for answers, i could imagine 1 or 2 things that could block you out if you were on pc, but on the dreamcast i have no idea.

Still sylverant may provide more content and more players, according to the population over there, 1 or 2 players are on at most and like many they eventually leave the server due to the low pop.
If you play here i'm sure you will find more original quests, some custom ones if you want and you will find more players on the long term.
Players connect here for all kinds of reasons, some want a place to do cmode with friends, some want to do original quests like TTF (depends on the ship), some just want to play with other players, in all cases sylverant seems a better choice.

Just arrange a time and maybe ppl will join, you're not the 1st newbie i have played with and i would enjoy welcoming you to the server.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

There isn't much point in trying to figure out why you're banned there at this point, since nobody plays there anymore, anyway. PC players can't even create teams anymore except on one ship, due to a bug in the software that nobody cares enough to fix. The population here isn't a whole lot better, but at least you won't be alone all the time. People usually play around 4 - 8 p.m. in your time zone.

Since you have a unique serial number, you should create an account on the main website and register your serial number, access key, and Guild Card number (which you can check by opening the menu -> Chat -> Guild Card -> MY Card in the lobby). Once you've done that, you'll be able to check the friends you've added to your friend list with the /friendadd command from the website to see if they are online without having to actually connect first.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Jsyzer
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Jsyzer »

Thank you, I just registered. However, on this site it said some people were on the Vega ship. When I logged in through my dreamcast, I saw they were in vega, but after choosing their block which I saw them in, I could not see the name of their team..could there be a reason for this?

Thanks for the advice about schtack. I thought that was supposed to be the most popular server. I will be off and on PSO trying to find people.

Thank you!
Jsyzer
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Jsyzer »

Someone at schtack said perhaps an ISP ban in my area is causing me to be banned. I have fios. They said perhaps someone on fios messed around some time ago and the admin did some type of blanket ban.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Are you sure you picked the correct block? if yes then it is possible that the players were GC players, one easy way to check this out would be to make a choice search and then check on the sylverant page how many there are.

If you see 3 players on the status but you don't pick anyone in choice search then it's GCubers playing, they do not appear in the search results and the game cannot be viewed by v2 players (unless the game makers decide to make the game visible, but by default it's hidden)

That server does have some half working ip bans, i can't be sure but where you receive the message points out what kind of block is in progress, you may receive the message before or after picking a ship and i don't remember what do either mean.
If you want to play there then you have to ask there, "we" don't know what blocks or what ips are banned, maybe someone from your area was punished before, that is the most plausible reason since you use a dreamcast and a unique SNAK, maybe the ship you selected can't be selected, don't know.
Jsyzer
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Jsyzer »

I think they are GC players...they are on again but I can't see their party...
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Since you're using PSO Ver.1, you can't see Ver.2 teams, either. You can convert your character to Ver.2 whenever you desire to receive the extra content and the ability to see Ver.2 teams, though.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Jsyzer
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Jsyzer »

If I convert him to version 2 could I still play my character on version 1?
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

No, once you convert you can't go back.

Keep in mind that v2 only adds content, it doesn't remove it, so there is no reason to return to v1 at all after going to v2.

V2 players can make v1 compatible teams if they are on the 3 first difficulties (and not cmode or battle mode), however if after making the game they decide it's a pso v2 only game or a pso v2 pc game then v1 players won't be able to join, but that's a matter only the game creator can decide.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:If you see 3 players on the status but you don't pick anyone in choice search then it's GCubers playing, they do not appear in the search results and the game cannot be viewed by v2 players (unless the game makers decide to make the game visible, but by default it's hidden)
Actually, games that have a Gamecube player as the leader will never be shown to v1/v2 clients. There is no way to override this behavior other than changing the code of the server itself.

Cross-compatible GC games have to be started by players on v1/v2/pc, and marked as cross-compatible by the team leader. If there is ever not a v1/v2/pc player to assume leader duties, the game will be automatically converted to a Gamecube-only game.

That said, I still do not recommend anyone try to do a GC-compatible v1/v2/pc game. It is far too unstable and causes crashes/fsods/etc far too often. That's the reason it is not the default mode of operation. :wink:
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

There is pretty much no reason to play Ver.1 anymore, unless you have a specific desire to be nostalgic. The only benefits of Ver.1 are that it has slightly better graphics, faster loading of character data, and more bugs to exploit than Ver.2 does. Unless you think one of those things is important, you might as well convert to Ver.2 now, but you can always do it later if you want to play Normal, Hard, and Very Hard on Ver.1.

The main problem with using it is that it has far fewer quests than Ver.2 does, so even though Ver.2 users can create Ver.1 teams, they usually don't so they have access to the other quests. As a result, even if you see players online, their teams will usually be invisible to you. Since Ver.1 also lacks Ver.2's Choice Search feature, you also won't be able to send Simple Mail to those players to ask them to join you, unless you already have their Guild Cards (or at least their GC#s for use with the /search command).
"Fear the HUnewearl."
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Yes my mistake, it's the v2 player who needs to create and allow a GC player to join in.

EDIT: well, you seem to be playing normally, welcome to sylverant.
Sckiz
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Sckiz »

:grin: Hi peeps Sckiz iz here!
Like the forum a lot.
I currently play on the schthack_connect server and recently joined the
Sylverant Private Server.
Looking Forward To Meeting New Friends And Enemys Aha !
Sckiz1 ^_^ :mrgreen: