PSO for Gamecube online on the Wii? Yes, its possible now.

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

PSO for Gamecube online on the Wii? Yes, its possible now.

Post by BlueCrab »

So, I'll probably get around to writing this up a little bit better for the website sometime tomorrow, but I wanted to give anyone here who cares a bit of a heads up. Due to the awesome work of a guy who goes by the name tueidj on his program Devolution, it is now possible to play PSO Episodes I & II on the Wii and go online.

Until I get a chance to write things up in a more neat/compact/useful fashion, I'll just leave the link where he announced the first version of Devolution supporting this feature here.

I have tested it out, and it does indeed work quite well. :grin:
sparky
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PSO for Gamecube online on the Wii? Yes, its possible no

Post by sparky »

This is amazing BlueCrab. Kuddos to you and tueidj for providing these services. :mrgreen: I tried this out with my softmodded Wii and it does indeed work. One problem I was encountering though is after creating a game, once you step out into the lobby the game disconnects.

Did you experience this at all in your testing BlueCrab? I am curious if it is a setting on my end that is causing it to fail.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

I tought about making a blog post about it and i will eventually, but i'm in no hurry.
Great job by tueidj.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

sparky wrote:This is amazing BlueCrab. Kuddos to you and tueidj for providing these services. :mrgreen:
I just want to clarify that I didn't have anything to do with tueidj's program at all. Just to clear up any misconceptions. :wink:
I tried this out with my softmodded Wii and it does indeed work. One problem I was encountering though is after creating a game, once you step out into the lobby the game disconnects.

Did you experience this at all in your testing BlueCrab? I am curious if it is a setting on my end that is causing it to fail.
I didn't have that problem at all myself.
IncognitoMan
DC Respected Artist
DC Respected Artist

Post by IncognitoMan »

Tried this today and really enjoyed it. ( nothing like running pso in 480p <3 )

Had a issue though where it wasn't liking my real 251 block memory card and constantly disconnected me...switched to virtual memory card support and fixed the issue.

Noticed you were having a similar issue during a game sparky ( or atleast looked like that ) so figured I'd mention it here
sparky
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by sparky »

Thanks incognitoman. I will give it a try once I figure out how to transfer my character. It is good to hear the problem was not only for me.
BlueCrab wrote:I just want to clarify that I didn't have anything to do with tueidj's program at all. Just to clear up any misconceptions. :wink:
Sorry, I should have said thank you to BlueCrab for Sylverant and tueidj for Devolution! :mrgreen: