Any Gamecube players out there?

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Aurelli
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Re: Any Gamecube players out there?

Post by Aurelli »

You might see me poking around occasionally, I like to visit when I find people in Iselia, or sometimes Vega. :P
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Several people have tried, but none of them have done so at the same time, so the GC population here remains 0 usually. It seems that the lure of MSB is too strong for them to make the switch. :lol:
"Fear the HUnewearl."
mautheus
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by mautheus »

Aleron Ives wrote:Several people have tried, but none of them have done so at the same time, so the GC population here remains 0 usually. It seems that the lure of MSB is too strong for them to make the switch. :lol:
I've played with my Gamecube normally. But my schedule is quite different from most. I live in Brazil and therefore encounter fewer users Gamecube, but from time to time give to find a 3 or 4 here in Sylverant.
Aurelli
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Aurelli »

Aleron Ives wrote:Several people have tried, but none of them have done so at the same time, so the GC population here remains 0 usually. It seems that the lure of MSB is too strong for them to make the switch. :lol:
Is that really still a thing? I thought it'd been causing FSODs. :x
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Entire groups of players come here, the lack of custom/non official quests doesn't seem to discourage them, but they often play alone, in locked games.

They arrange a time to play before coming here.
RazorX2014
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by RazorX2014 »

if anyone still reads this I have a GameCube and a BBA so I would be happy to play, I am from the UK so if your interested let me know thanks.
Purple_Drink
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Purple_Drink »

Yes! Sorry, I might have missed a few details form the thread because i was too excited to read it all. Anyways! I very recently started playing PSO again and realized that i could finally get online with it (probably). Mostly just saying that I'm 150% on board with this and you can probably expect me to be online before long. I've gotta sort out a few details about connecting before i get online though and i don't know if there's a best sub-board to ask on. sorry kinda rambling guess 8D
Ultra
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Ultra »

Hey all! New to this server
Just pm me to set up a time to play on GC
namine207
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by namine207 »

I've been thinking of joining the server on a Gamecube, but I don't have a broadband or modem adapter. Thinking of getting the modem adapter, cause it's cheaper, but I'm not sure if the Sylverant sever can be connected to via a modem adapter. Does anyone know if it works?

Edit: Oh! And one other question- do the serials and access keys from Episode III work with Episode I+II for this server? Been considering burning a copy of 1+2 and buying Card Revolution for the serial.
tueidj
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tueidj »

You can connect with the modem adapter, but you need dial-up internet access which is a bit rare in some parts these days.

For the serial and access keys, you can just make them up (as long as they're random enough not to match anyone else's).
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

tueidj wrote:For the serial and access keys, you can just make them up (as long as they're random enough not to match anyone else's).
Note that this is actually against the rules of the server. That's not to say that people haven't done this, but I'd really rather people played with real, legit serial numbers and access keys. :wink:
tueidj
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tueidj »

I don't see it currently mentioned anywhere in the rules. Shenanigans!
namine207
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by namine207 »

tueidj wrote:You can connect with the modem adapter, but you need dial-up internet access which is a bit rare in some parts these days.

For the serial and access keys, you can just make them up (as long as they're random enough not to match anyone else's).
Thanks for the info! I'll probably grab a broadband adapter, just cause speed. :3
BlueCrab wrote:
tueidj wrote:For the serial and access keys, you can just make them up (as long as they're random enough not to match anyone else's).
Note that this is actually against the rules of the server. That's not to say that people haven't done this, but I'd really rather people played with real, legit serial numbers and access keys. :wink:
Hahaha don't worry, I just bought a legit copy of Episode III to use for my serial. :) I feel like CARD Revolution will be a bit of a glitchy mess, but a fun one nonetheless. (At least, to try out online) :P
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

tueidj wrote:I don't see it currently mentioned anywhere in the rules. Shenanigans!
No, but it does say the following when you register for an account on Gamecube:
http://wsgi.sylverant.net/register-gamecube.py wrote:DO NOT attempt to register any "shared serials" with this system. If you do, and I find out (which I will), you will be permanently banned from this server.
By registering a serial number access key pair here, you are certifying that you actually own the corresponding copy of the game, and you agree that you will provide proof of ownership if it is requested by the administration of the server.
:wink:
namine207 wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:
Hahaha don't worry, I just bought a legit copy of Episode III to use for my serial. :) I feel like CARD Revolution will be a bit of a glitchy mess, but a fun one nonetheless. (At least, to try out online) :P
Well, Episode III isn't really supported on the server. It can connect, but you can't really play a real game with it as of yet. Support for it is on the long list of things to do eventually. :wink:
namine207
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by namine207 »

BlueCrab wrote:
tueidj wrote:I don't see it currently mentioned anywhere in the rules. Shenanigans!
No, but it does say the following when you register for an account on Gamecube:
http://wsgi.sylverant.net/register-gamecube.py wrote:DO NOT attempt to register any "shared serials" with this system. If you do, and I find out (which I will), you will be permanently banned from this server.
By registering a serial number access key pair here, you are certifying that you actually own the corresponding copy of the game, and you agree that you will provide proof of ownership if it is requested by the administration of the server.
:wink:
namine207 wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:
Well, Episode III isn't really supported on the server. It can connect, but you can't really play a real game with it as of yet. Support for it is on the long list of things to do eventually. :wink:
Yup! I figured, since I read no one really bothered to record the packet info for the Ep III servers. Apparently a lot of people hated Episode 3, but I never got the chance to play PSO until just last year, so I never played any of them while they were online. XD I can't wait for the eventual support though. It's really amazing seeing dead online games come back to life again. :3
tueidj
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tueidj »

Is it really that hard to figure out the packets for Ep III? Ep I/II more or less uses a loopback mode for single player, it even has debug functions which will print the headers of each packet sent/received... so it should be possible to figure out most commands just from offline mode.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

tueidj wrote:Is it really that hard to figure out the packets for Ep III? Ep I/II more or less uses a loopback mode for single player, it even has debug functions which will print the headers of each packet sent/received... so it should be possible to figure out most commands just from offline mode.
To be honest, I've never even looked at Episode III, other than enough to basically get it online. I only recall about 3 or 4 people who have ever even expressed interest in Episode III support on the server at all, actually.
namine207
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by namine207 »

We gotta start a revolution! (Or maybe a card revolution. Sorry, had to make that pun. XD)

But it'd be really cool to see how possible it is! I'll bet that a lot of people who play pso now hadn't had the chance to play Episode III while the official servers were up. Not necessarily saying that it's super great or anything, since I still haven't played it, but it does look really interesting, and could prove quite the interesting distraction from regular gameplay. Also, Jukeboxes. :D
Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Treamcaster »

My character name's Nishi for both DC&GC. I'll be around with one version or the other. Also, I'll be trying out NTE today! 8-)