What is the "UDP setting" in PSOv2?

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

kencaesi
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What is the "UDP setting" in PSOv2?

Post by kencaesi »

For the longest time, actually, since I got the game shortly after its release in 2000, I have been unable to understand how this setting works or the effects thereof.

For those unfamilar, the UDP setting is in the options of the game that, according to the manual is "a high level network setup" that has something to do with my provider, " for instance, when a connection to the network is not possible."

Seems that people here have figured this game inside and out - can anyone elaborate on the matter?
Last edited by kencaesi on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: What is the "UDP setting" in PSOv2?

Post by BlueCrab »

From what I remember, it could be used to tell the game to use UDP to do packet delivery instead of TCP (which is normally used for PSO). I don't remember if it was supposed to do so to the server or if it would then be used to communicate directly to the other clients in a team.

That said, I don't think any server actually supports it that is out there now, so you should just disable it. :wink: