Help Connecting to Sylverant Server

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

nyarlathotep88
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help Connecting to Sylverant Server

Post by nyarlathotep88 »

I haven't logged into the Sylverant PSO servers for quite some time now, and after trying to connect again, I keep getting stuck at the screen right before my character loads onto the ship. Seems like it connects fine. Gets past the initial load with the cool space like warp where you can move the cursor around, but won't go past the screen with the 4 rotating things at the bottom of the load screen. Just hangs there. I have tried this on 3 different DCs, and get the exact same issue.My DC can browse the web fine with the BBA, and I verified that the DNS is inputted correctly. Using PSO PAL v2
If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Been wanting to play some PSO :grin:
FaithY
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Re: Help Connecting to Sylverant Server

Post by FaithY »

Hello there. I suggest you download and burn the sylverant pso patcher. Boot using the patcher, then try to connect.
If, after using the patcher, you still can not connect- let the troubleshooting games begin ;)
:mrgreen:
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

I tought PSO Sylverant patcher wasn't needed for PSO v2 pal. (atleast in the connect part)

Not really sure why you hang load screen waiting for that ship selection screen to pop up.
In anycase the dc-talk connection guide has this
When getting online with the BBA for the first time, you need to configure PSO by using the XDP web browser or PSO NTSC/J. These have Dreampassport based web browsers in them. You can use any Broadband capable Dreampassport browsers to configure with also. They are in Japanese so your best bet is to download the free XDP browser. http://dreamcast-talk.com/uploads/pso/x ... dition.rar

For XDP, choose original user agent and then choose options. Choose bba to configure and leave all entries at default. Don't change anything unless you know what you are doing. It should connect fine without modifying. At the end of the configuration, be sure to save when prompted. Try visiting a website in XDP. If that works, you're ready to move on to the next steps of the guide.

If using PSO v2 NTSC/J just load up the game and choose the website option to configure, save and exit.

If you will be using Dr.DNS to connect with you can now use XDP, PSO NTSC/U or any other web browser to get it working. Be sure to read the guide for instructions on getting Dr.DNS working.
I honestly do not know, maybe someone at dc-talk with the same problem can help you out, you can't enter the lobby but you can connect.
Can you try again, just to be sure the problem repeats.
FaithY
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by FaithY »

I tought PSO Sylverant patcher wasn't needed for PSO v2 pal. (atleast in the connect part)
it is recommended that the patcher be used regardless of version or region. Whereas it may not be needed, it can't hurt anything, it can only help.

Have you cleared out your dreamcasts flash memory? Doing so would result in the inability to connect. Your dc needs to have ISP information saved to the dc (even if the ISP info is fake) to be able to connect to pso using the bba. Check and see if your dc has ISP info saved to it..
:mrgreen:
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

FaithY wrote:
it is recommended that the patcher be used regardless of version or region. Whereas it may not be needed, it can't hurt anything, it can only help.
That's always been my feeling on it, simply because of the ultimate mode map fix (and the ability to set any DNS, since many times connection problems are related to the DNS server being too many hops away from you).
Have you cleared out your dreamcasts flash memory? Doing so would result in the inability to connect. Your dc needs to have ISP information saved to the dc (even if the ISP info is fake) to be able to connect to pso using the bba. Check and see if your dc has ISP info saved to it..
You need both Dial-up and BBA configuration in order to use the BBA. That's an important point to make, since many people initially don't have any Dial-up ISP information in the flash, and it can result in the problem that the OP has, I believe.

As FaithY stated, the Dial-up ISP information can be completely fake, but it does need to be filled in. I don't remember off the top of my head how much of it needs to be filled in, but I think I remember it being at least the username/password and the primary phone number.
nyarlathotep88
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by nyarlathotep88 »

Interesting. I didn't think I would need to put in any ISP information in for dial-up. It was the same settings I had before about 1/2 yr ago when I was playing. I did re-flash the bios and use XDP to setup my bba. I will try the patcher and putting in fake info for the dial-up and see what happens.

Will try all this when I get home from work in about 6hrs.
nyarlathotep88
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by nyarlathotep88 »

So far, I figured out that I am able to log in to the servers fine with my copy of PSO v1 or v2 US only when using the patcher, but still can't with the PAL v2 as the patcher doesn't recognize it. I think it is because my PAL v2 version is burnt but my US v1 and v2 are the GDROM versions. I remember the reason being because back when I was playing here, I could only connect with either v1 US or V2 PAL as the US version had some sort of server checking to make sure you paid for it (If my memory serves me right).

I am going to keep looking into this because I got over 100hrs into the game, and I don't really want to start over :( But if
nyarlathotep88
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by nyarlathotep88 »

whoops just posted an incomplete post lol.

If I have to buy a GDROM verison of PAL v2, I most certaintly will. Been wanting one anyways for my collection :grin:. It is just a pain to order one from Europe as I am in US, and a lot of them won't ship to US as the difference in display.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Sylverant PSO Patcher only works with pressed GD-ROMs, as I do not wish to promote piracy. It was a decision that I made while I was writing it, and its a decision that I stand by.

Also, the PSO Patcher works with all of the versions of the game. JPv1, JPv2, USv1, USv2, EUv1, and EUv2. As a part of what it does, it disables the Hunter's License check that is done with JPv1, JPv2, and USv2 (the "have you paid to play the game" check that you referred to).
nyarlathotep88
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by nyarlathotep88 »

Nevermind. Now I get the same problem as before with my burnt copy of PAL V2 with my GDROM verison of US v2. Tries to load ship selection, but cannot.
nyarlathotep88
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by nyarlathotep88 »

Do I still have to use the Sylverant code to connect with PSO v2 US using the BBA and patcher? Could that be the problem? Or use the codebreaker? I inputed 1 Enable code and 1 HL disable check and saved it. Still got same problem. I think I may flash my DC bios and start all over again. Will try it tomorrow.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

If you're using the PSO Patcher, that's all you should have to use. No codebreaker needed. In fact, its quite possible that the two would interfere with one another.

If you're using Codebreaker by itself, you'll need all of the codes listed for USv2. That would be the Enable Code, HL Check Disable, and the Sylverant Connect code. The exception is if you use the DNS server listed on the Sylverant website. If you do that, you can leave out the Sylverant Connect code (you still need the other two for USv2).

If you're still having problems after doing all of that, you may need to clear the flashrom and re-configure the ISP settings... That's about the only thing I can think of off the top of my head.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

It would help if you told us what the error message you're seeing is, assuming you're seeing one at all. Different messages are indicative of different problems, and it's hard to diagnose a generic inability to connect.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

I would show you the dc-talk connect guide, wich includes an autoconnect image of v2 pal that doesn't require codes or dr.dns, however, like bluecrab said, piracy cannot be discussed and so all i can say is that you can search around in dc-talk for a way to connect.

But i see that you already have tools, i see that you have a pal v2 and codebreaker codes, but i don't see exactly what is wrong or why can't you connect, are the codes correct, are the codes the ones necessary for pal v2?

Just a quick note, if you use codebreaker codes in the same memory card as the pso save that you use to play, the game wil detect that you have codes/files and will disable all rare drops and all drops that contain 9/+9 stars, if you have to use codebreaker codes, make sure you have one memory card with just that and another one with the saves.
nyarlathotep88
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by nyarlathotep88 »

I finally did it. I got back on with all verisons I my PSO games! Re-flashed the bios (again) and left the 2nd DNS as automatic this time instead of inputting it myself, and I got on fine, even with my PSO PAL v2 character. To celebrate, I finally ordered a PAL v2 copy from ebay.co.uk, found 1 person who would ship to U.S. :)

Well, Hope to see you guys in game. Thanks for all your help. The information you all provided proved very usefull.