PSO Questions & Answers

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: PSO Questions & Answers

Post by BlueCrab »

You probably need to have information filled in for a dial-up ISP on the flashrom of the Dreamcast. Pop in a browser disc and set up bogus information for the dial up portion (I don't remember exactly what fields you need to fill in, but I'm pretty sure you need to fill in at least the primary phone number, username, and password).

It is stupid to have to have that information on the DC if you're never using dialup, but Sega did plenty of stupid things in PSO... :roll:
baddream
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by baddream »

That did the trick works great. Amazing response time as well. I can't say enough about the PSO community on this forum.
baddream
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by baddream »

When I first connected to sylverant servers I was using a dreamcast that was new to me (I bought used) because my original one I played PSO on back in the day was long gone. I didn't expect my old characters to load on the new dreamcast but they did and I was able to type in my registration key and serial number from the game disk I still had.

Why did it let me load my characters on a different dreamcast? Now when I take my vmu onto a friends dreamcast it won't load.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

baddream wrote:When I first connected to sylverant servers I was using a dreamcast that was new to me (I bought used) because my original one I played PSO on back in the day was long gone. I didn't expect my old characters to load on the new dreamcast but they did and I was able to type in my registration key and serial number from the game disk I still had.

Why did it let me load my characters on a different dreamcast? Now when I take my vmu onto a friends dreamcast it won't load.
As long as the serial number and access key stored on the Dreamcast are the same, it should let you load the characters without any problems.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

The first time you use PSO with a particular Dreamcast, it will ask you to save your serial number and access key to the system's flash memory. If the serials in the flash memory match the serials in the VMU save file, the character will load. If they don't match, the character won't load.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Just one note.
The SNAK (serial number/access key) also needs to be accepted by the game, if you try to load a PAL char on a US disk and if it asks for a SNAK for comparisson then you have a problem, the correct SNAK to load the char will be denied as it is the incorrect Snak for the disk.
A correct snak will make you progress, but will lock the char.

Make sure when you go to your friends house, that you teach him to clear the memory (for a new SNAK input) and verify if you both use the same PSO version (regarding to region).
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

shilds psobb to pso pc

Post by legit nyck »

shields to PSOBB is possible to make skins for psoV2? imagine we use one from the depts xD
I know there is the whole process of originality but a skin is to play anything more xD :lol:
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

There are some holographic shields in which the texture can be changed without affecting anything else, however it doesn't have anything to do with introducing items, meaning it would be a simple skin on a near unhuntable equip, it would either serve some very lucky players or serve those who take screenshots and stuff (like me)
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:There are some holographic shields in which the texture can be changed without affecting anything else, however it doesn't have anything to do with introducing items, meaning it would be a simple skin on a near unhuntable equip, it would either serve some very lucky players or serve those who take screenshots and stuff (like me)
I understand ... but at the same time I don't understand
because the psopc server is so limited so :o
It might be like the server of psobb It's a shame the skins are only for one person :? anyway thanks for the reply
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

It has nothing to do with the server. Skins are completely client-side.

Yes, the server could push out skins by the patch server component, but most people don't ever connect to the patch server and those that do would likely complain if it were used for such an errand.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Well, i tried my best, if i want the outter circles then the inner circle will be allot smaller then the one in this picture and as you can see it's already bas as it is, the detail pretty much got lost because the image size can only be 64x64, it doesn't accept higher resolutions.

So it's either this (or something close to this) or changing the effects texture so that when you block, you see a "From the depts" image, that image accepts very high resolutions and you can use all the image size (inlucing corners), however, this detail only appears when you block, that's rare and the image might be used for other effects (altough i don't think that's the case)

As for skins in the patch, that's a pretty much bad idea, especially if badly/incorrectly advertised.

legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

BlueCrab wrote:It has nothing to do with the server. Skins are completely client-side.

Yes, the server could push out skins by the patch server component, but most people don't ever connect to the patch server and those that do would likely complain if it were used for such an errand.
understand ... anyway thanks it's like I always say you are always teaching me something is there that this is the real reason so many questions that I do xD :wink:
K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:Well, i tried my best, if i want the outter circles then the inner circle will be allot smaller then the one in this picture and as you can see it's already bas as it is, the detail pretty much got lost because the image size can only be 64x64, it doesn't accept higher resolutions.

So it's either this (or something close to this) or changing the effects texture so that when you block, you see a "From the depts" image, that image accepts very high resolutions and you can use all the image size (inlucing corners), however, this detail only appears when you block, that's rare and the image might be used for other effects (altough i don't think that's the case)

As for skins in the patch, that's a pretty much bad idea, especially if badly/incorrectly advertised.

O.o actually I was speechless (awesome)
congratulations
now they try to imagine the psobb shiellds at psopc would be what should we say of revolucionarie ^^ :!:
kencaesi
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by kencaesi »

How can I process the screenshots taken while playing the Dreamcast v1 and v2?

To those who have never played the DC version, there is a method that allows the user to take a small screenshot but one of those steps required minor processing by uploading the file to special site where the data would be e-mailed back. Now the official site (something like dhsnuts.org) is long gone. How can I see the screenshots I take with my sega dreamcast?
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

You can't. The official Dricas VBBS is gone, as is the unofficial third-party pso.donut.dhs.org. VMU screenshots are now useless, because unlike the GC version, nobody ever made a proxy to convert DC screenshots over a LAN with a BBA, and nobody ever made a tool to convert the VMU saves directly by using a USB memory card to transfer the images to a PC, either.

If you want to take Dreamcast screenshots, your options in 2013 are:
  • Buy a TV tuner card that can record NTSC video to your PC
  • Take a picture of your TV with a camera
  • Use nullDC
"Fear the HUnewearl."
roman.DC
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by roman.DC »

AND: DCarena.de matchingservice !
Just load up ur screenshot, it will be stored in the gallary and/or send by email.

I didnt try it for some time, but it works also in 2013 ;)

EDIT:

For use with DC, just visit www.dcarena.de, and follow the link on the left side "Matchingservice". Then simply "Upload File" on the top.
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

roman.DC wrote:AND: DCarena.de matchingservice !
Just load up ur screenshot, it will be stored in the gallary and/or send by email.

I didnt try it for some time, but it works also in 2013 ;)

EDIT:

For use with DC, just visit http://www.dcarena.de, and follow the link on the left side "Matchingservice". Then simply "Upload File" on the top.
lol nice :mrgreen:
mautheus
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by mautheus »

I got a broadband adapter for Gamecube, but it does not have to play the original PSO. My GC uses a mod to run games through SD card. I can play in Sylverant with a copy of PSO for Gamecube? Or I'll have to buy the original which is extremely expensive?
Thank you.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

You need a legitimate serial number and access key, which pretty much means you need a real copy of the game itself. This is a limitation of how the server gives out guildcard numbers, because the Gamecube version does not send any sort of identifying information about the console it is being played on. Thus, the only distinguishing characteristic available is the Serial Number and Access Key pair.

That said (and mostly unrelated), I'm really against piracy. PSO Episode I & II for the Gamecube can be had on various online auction sites for between $20 and $30, which isn't all that much -- even for someone like me, who is still paying University bills and whatnot. The only version that goes for significantly more is PSO Episode I & II Plus (which really doesn't have all that much interesting beyond the original game).
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

It's worth paying five times more to have fixed Belras and animated summon circles. 8-)

Of course, you could also get those features by buying the PAL version for the same price as the regular NTSC-U version. :wink:
"Fear the HUnewearl."
kencaesi
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by kencaesi »

I have a north American dreamcast - Can I use the Sylverant boot disc to play foreign versions of PSO? Can I play them online?