PSO Questions & Answers

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Otto Baus
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PSO Questions & Answers

Post by Otto Baus »

Yeah, I was wondering if there was like an actual area level, like in Diablo, that might affect this. I guess not though. It seems like SEGA just split things up evenly regarding where you find which high level techs, but also rather arbitrarily. So it goes.
HotteLunch - HUcast
Gaijin - RAcast
MintChip - FOnewearl
MAGz - extra bank storage character; RAmarl currently
tueidj
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tueidj »

So would people be interested in trading for lv 30 disks?
John Rplca
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by John Rplca »

As far as I know, up to L30 Grants and Megid, same as Seabed Lower, on any ID.
Kayak
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Kayak »

I don't believe the L30 disks are split up among IDs. They are split up in areas though. I think you can start finding L30 attack techs as early as Cave 3. I think its safe to assume that L30 attack techs are close to something like 1/10,000

I was lucky enough to find a Razonde L30 in Seabed Upper
Characters:
Kayak L200
Kat L200
Kate L200
Submarine L200
Magic Boat L200
Banan@ Boat
Jarrett
Katey
Tow Boat
Otto Baus
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Otto Baus »

Yeah, after running Towers for days on end now, I have found many level 29 techs, including F, Z, B, GF, GB, RZ, another GF, and various support techs @ both 29 & 30 (but they drop pretty much everywhere anyway). That is definitely enough of a spread to confirm that the pattern is the same as Ruins 2 & 3, and Bedz.

Oddly enough, I also noticed a lot of level 20 techs drop during my many runs. So I guess if you need to round out a RAml or HUnl tech list, then Ult Tower would be a decent option, too.

Edit: I've now also found level 29 RF and RB, too.
HotteLunch - HUcast
Gaijin - RAcast
MintChip - FOnewearl
MAGz - extra bank storage character; RAmarl currently
Bluepantsu
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Special event rappies?

Post by Bluepantsu »

Hey all!

Sorry if this is a silly question but with the valentine lobbies being up, shouldn't there be valentine rappies around? Or are they supposed to be as rare as pal rappies? I guess that would explain it since I've only come across one so far recently, and that was while playing offline. Anyway, just something I've been wondering for a few days now. :3

Thanks!
[Gamecube] HUnewearl: Aerynn [Lv80~90]
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Re: Special event rappies?

Post by Aleron Ives »

All rare enemies have the same rate. Love Rappies are what you get in VR Temple most of the time, including the Valentine's Day event. Egg Rappies, Hallo Rappies, and Saint Rappies appear at the same rate as Love Rappy when the Easter, Halloween, and Christmas events are activated, respectively.

If you really want to get a holiday Rappy, your best bet is to make a Normal Episode II team, check the first few rooms of VR Temple Alpha, then go back to the lobby and repeat the process. (You could also try the homebrew VR Temple quest on Iselia.)
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Bluepantsu
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Bluepantsu »

Ahh alright then, I shall try that! Thanks!

(And sorry for creating a new topic, I totally overlooked this thread!)
[Gamecube] HUnewearl: Aerynn [Lv80~90]
Drednought
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Drednought »

I have a noobish problem here.

I cant find my SNAK. I read through the instruction booklet and all it refers to is a label. I've been searching the internets to find out exactly where the codes are located because I feel dumb that I couldn't find them. From what I've found they're supposed to be located on the back of the instruction booklet. Mine doesn't have any codes on the back, just an ad for Phantasy Star Collection for GBA.

I bought my copy for the GC back within the year it came out. I've only played offline thus far as I've never had an adapter. But I just ordered one and got one in the mail the other day but I cant find my codes. Am I missing something here?

Thanks for any and all help.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

The US versions of PSO all have stickers in the case of the game that contain your serial number and access key pair. With the Gamecube versions, the sticker is near the memory card holder in the case.

The Japanese versions of the game for Gamecube had the serial number/access key printed on the back of the instruction manual. I'm not sure where it was for European versions, as I don't have any of them for the Gamecube.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

PAL PSO GC has the serial number and access key printed on the back of the instruction manual.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Drednought
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Drednought »

I have a US version but there is no sticker inside of the case, nor are there any remnants of a sticker.

If I can't find my serial number am I just out of luck and have to buy a new copy to get codes or is there a way to generate a new set of codes?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

If you don't have the sticker, then you're kinda a little out of luck. Sylverant requires legitimate serial number/access key pairs to uniquely identify each player.

That said, you can get a copy of Episode III pretty cheaply on ebay or something like that and use the serial number/access key included with it. Episode III keys work just fine on Episodes I & II and Episodes I & II Plus.
Drednought
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Drednought »

Ok, I'll start poking around a bit. Thanks for the help, hopefully I'll see some of you guys in game in the near future.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Drednought wrote:Ok, I'll start poking around a bit. Thanks for the help, hopefully I'll see some of you guys in game in the near future.
Just in a quick search, I see several copies of Episode III on eBay for right around $15 (buy it now priced). I do suggest sending the sellers a message to make sure they contain the serial number sticker before you buy them though, since they don't really want to show that in the auction page pictures (so that people don't just steal the serial numbers without buying the items, I guess).
Drednought
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Drednought »

Yea I saw that too. I also have a local used and classic game store I might check too.

I have another question, is it okay if I were to use a friends codes? He doesn't plan on ever playing online and is willing to share his codes with me. Is that allowed here? We both have legit hard copies of the game.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Drednought wrote:Yea I saw that too. I also have a local used and classic game store I might check too.

I have another question, is it okay if I were to use a friends codes? He doesn't plan on ever playing online and is willing to share his codes with me. Is that allowed here? We both have legit hard copies of the game.
That's completely fine as long as your friend is willing, but wouldn't it be more fun to convince him to play online with you? :wink:
SpaceBooger
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by SpaceBooger »

I currently am playing Dreamcast PSOv1 and am looking to buy v2. If I do, I will have to update the serial and access code on my DC.
Two questions:
Can I still use my same character from v1 if I do this?
What changes for the server do I need to make if I upgrade?

Thanks
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

SpaceBooger wrote:I currently am playing Dreamcast PSOv1 and am looking to buy v2. If I do, I will have to update the serial and access code on my DC.
Two questions:
Can I still use my same character from v1 if I do this?
What changes for the server do I need to make if I upgrade?

Thanks
PSOv2 gives you the ability to convert your PSOv1 save file over. To do so, both copies of the game need to be from the same region and you need the serial/access key from both (don't delete the PSOv1 one from your system before playing PSOv2 for the first time -- it'll let you put in both). Also, once you convert it, you won't be able to use it on PSOv1 any more.

Server wise, just register your new PSOv2 key on the website before you play and you'll be good to go.
halibabica
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by halibabica »

This is probably a dumb question that belongs somewhere else on the forums, but here goes anyway: Will you guys be having an Easter event, and if so, when? Inquiring minds want to know. :3