PSO Questions & Answers

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: PSO Questions & Answers

Post by BlueCrab »

victoryrhoads wrote:It was Vega.
Vega should support /tlogin at this point, but since the keys weren't on your account, that'd be why it wouldn't work.
I went to go enter it, but read the fine print that if I didn't own the keys, I'd be banned. I just sold the disc on eBay a month ago.

I'm just going to have to find some other method.
Yes, that's put in place to prevent all manner of different problems (and to discourage people from pirating the game)... It's kinda unfair to register a key to your account and prevent someone else from doing so when they actually own it. Selling the copy also sells away the right to register the keys (which could become problematic for you, if the new owner ever tries to do it, by any chance).
faz
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by faz »

I'm thinking of getting PSOv2 JP since its lot cheaper than PAL version. I'm just wondering where are the serial numbers located? Non of the ebay listings seems to come with flyer that includes the codes like in my PAL v1 copy.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

If PAL is too expensive, get the US version. The JP one is buggier than the Western releases.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
faz
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by faz »

Well I got the JP version and the codes are listed in the cd case insert paper. Also it seems that the Japanese version requires ISAO.net account settings installed when those services were still online. I had to flash my JP Dreamcasts memory because I had PAL PSO ver.1 codes registered. After doing that it also deleted the previous owners ISAO.net settings and I could not even use the website function in JP PSOv2. I would only get notification that DC didn't have network settings installed. After that I did try every web browser disc I had to try configure my network settings but nothing worked. I did have another JP Dreamcast and PSOv2 JP with online play works fine with it.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I've never had that particular issue with either of the Japanese releases, and that's on my US Dreamcasts that certainly never had ISAO.net account settings on them.

If you're using a BBA, you need to set up a Dial-up ISP first with either PlanetWeb or Dream Passport, then set up your broadband access (I generally use the Website option on the US version of PSOv2 for this). Otherwise, you'll get that message about having no ISP settings. That's the only thing I can think of.
Aurelli
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Aurelli »

Sorry if this might have been mentioned before (Which is why I'm just ploping it here.)

But a friend of mine just told me that when he tries to access download quests, he just gets disconnected.
I tried for myself, and sure enough, instant error 100. Dx

We're both on Gamecube(Wii): I'm on US1.0, he's on US1.1 if that matters.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Thanks for the report. It should be fixed now. :o
"Fear the HUnewearl."
halibabica
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by halibabica »

Well, I looked for a more recent answer, but came up dry, so I'm asking here: I'm trying to connect from GC and getting the very generic "Error 115." I double-checked to make sure I was using the right DNS, and everything should be in order. It just won't go. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Have you registered your serials on the Sylverant website? Are you able to connect to any other servers? Error 115 doesn't have a helpful description, so I'm not sure what's wrong.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
halibabica
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by halibabica »

I registered here about a year ago, but I haven't been active. The DNS I had previously didn't match what was on the How to Connect page, but it still didn't work after I adjusted it. Should I try to re-register?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Error 115 on the Gamecube version generally means that the serial and/or access key your game is sending to the server doesn't match any that the server knows about.

Log into your account on the Sylverant website and make sure you didn't mistype it on the Manage Your Guildcards page.
halibabica
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by halibabica »

Back again! Sorry for the wait; I only have time for this once a week.

I deleted and re-registered my guild card, but I'm still getting error 115. I'm using 138.197.20.130 as the DNS and my guild card info is as follows:

[removed] {my bad :o}

Everything seems in order, so I don't know what's wrong. This is the only server I've tried since Schthack collapsed on itself.
Last edited by Aleron Ives on Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Never post your serial number and access key publicly!
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

halibabica wrote:Back again! Sorry for the wait; I only have time for this once a week.

I deleted and re-registered my guild card, but I'm still getting error 115. I'm using 138.197.20.130 as the DNS and my guild card info is as follows:

[removed] {my bad :o}

Everything seems in order, so I don't know what's wrong. This is the only server I've tried since Schthack collapsed on itself.
Make sure you didn't mis-type it in the game too. Look in the options menu, and you should see a way to view what your Serial and access key are. Make sure they match what you're expecting.
halibabica
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by halibabica »

Welp, I learned something today. I had no idea that the codes inside the game's case and the codes for the save file could be different. I must've started this memory card on a different copy of GC PSO or something.

It's working now, so YAY!
MaskedGUAPO
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by MaskedGUAPO »

Hello! I have a few questions to ask (sorry if these have been asked before)

I am connected through DreamPi and playing US PSO v.1 on the Sylverant server, although I did not create an account on Sylverant to do so; it appears DreamPi connects you to this server as default. I am playing Version 1 and I input the serial number/access key codes that came with my physical copy of the game without knowing that I needed Sylverant access codes to play on the server, but it still worked.

My main question is, since I want to play V.2 instead, do I have to now use the serial number/access key codes provided by Sylverant to connect or can I just use the serial number/access key codes that come with the physical copy, and DreamPi will take care of the rest like it does now?
On the "How to Connect" page on the Sylverant website, it states that I have to use one of their listed codes in order to connect via V.2, but it doesn't mention whether or not you have follow the same instructions if you're using DreamPi.

Recently, I actually made a Sylverant account on the website, but my character data is not saved on there, because I didn't connect using that method. I am wondering if I can still use my VMU character data on V.2 considering I didn't connect to Sylverant this way previously, or if I have to use Sylverant's serial number/access key codes for v.2 in order to connect to the server? Will my previous character data still be usable, if it's only on my VMU?

If I input my original serial number/access key codes for V.2, will DreamPi did like it did before and connect me to Sylverant without needing the special codes or will I just lock myself out? Sorry for bad english. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

MaskedGUAPO wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:52 pm Hello! I have a few questions to ask (sorry if these have been asked before)

I am connected through DreamPi and playing US PSO v.1 on the Sylverant server, although I did not create an account on Sylverant to do so; it appears DreamPi connects you to this server as default. I am playing Version 1 and I input the serial number/access key codes that came with my physical copy of the game without knowing that I needed Sylverant access codes to play on the server, but it still worked.

My main question is, since I want to play V.2 instead, do I have to now use the serial number/access key codes provided by Sylverant to connect or can I just use the serial number/access key codes that come with the physical copy, and DreamPi will take care of the rest like it does now?
On the "How to Connect" page on the Sylverant website, it states that I have to use one of their listed codes in order to connect via V.2, but it doesn't mention whether or not you have follow the same instructions if you're using DreamPi.
I think you're confusing two very different things here...

Your Serial Number/Access Key that come with your game are one thing -- they "uniquely" identify your Dreamcast to the server to allow the server to give you a consistent guild card number when you log on (so people can search for you with your guild card if you send it to them). If you register them on the website, you get a few extra features (like the ability to participate in events and to manage certain things through the website).

The How to Connect page lists Codebreaker codes to connect to the server if you aren't using the Sylverant PSO Patcher or some other method (depending on the version of the game you're using) to connect to the server. This has absolutely nothing to do with the serial number and access key.

With DreamPi, certain versions of the game require no additional work to connect to Sylverant (specifically, the US release of PSOv1 and both of the European versions of the game). Unfortunately, all other versions of the game (US v2, and both Japanese versions) require extra work which DreamPi cannot automate for you. To this end, if you want to use your original GD-ROM of the game, you need to use the Sylverant PSO Patcher, even if you are using a DreamPi or the game will not connect.

Recently, I actually made a Sylverant account on the website, but my character data is not saved on there, because I didn't connect using that method. I am wondering if I can still use my VMU character data on V.2 considering I didn't connect to Sylverant this way previously, or if I have to use Sylverant's serial number/access key codes for v.2 in order to connect to the server? Will my previous character data still be usable, if it's only on my VMU?
PSO for the Dreamcast does all saving locally. The stuff on the website will only correspond to character data that you have saved while online by using the "/save" command or automatic character backups saved each time you enter a team if you use the "/enablebk" command. There being no character data there is not important, unless you have registered your serial number and access key on the website and you've used either "/save" or "/enablebk" online.

If I input my original serial number/access key codes for V.2, will DreamPi did like it did before and connect me to Sylverant without needing the special codes or will I just lock myself out? Sorry for bad english. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
For best results:
1. Register your original PSO v1 serial number/access key pair on the website if you haven't done so. Since you've already been online with it, you will also need your guild card number from in-game on PSOv1. This, of course, assumes you have an actual copy of the game with a legitimate serial number/access key pair, since registering sn/ak pairs you find online is against the server rules.
2. Register your original PSO v2 serial number/access key pair on the website if you haven't done so. If you've gone online with that copy of the game as well, then you will need the guild card number from in-game on PSOv2 (based on your questions, I'm assuming you haven't). This, of course, assumes you have an actual copy of the game with a legitimate serial number/access key pair, since registering sn/ak pairs you find online is against the server rules.
3. If you are using an original GD-ROM of the US release of PSOv2 or the Japanese release of PSOv2, you will need to either burn a copy of the latest version of the Sylverant PSO Patcher disc (preferable), or you will need to use those codes listed on the How to Connect page with a Codebreaker disc (less preferable because of how PSO tries to detect CB and punish you for potentially cheating). You will need to boot your Dreamcast with whichever disc you intend to use (the PSO Patcher or Codebreaker) every time you want to play PSOv2 to patch the game for that run. If you're using the European version of PSOv2, you don't need to use either disc with DreamPi, but you may want to use the PSO Patcher for the additional patches it provides. (I won't cover any burned/pirated copies here, since I don't encourage piracy in any way)
4. Enjoy playing PSOv2!
MaskedGUAPO
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by MaskedGUAPO »

Thank you for the reply, BlueCrab. You've resolved my issues. I am a novice when it comes to this sort of thing and was a bit perplexed by some of the information online. Thanks again for clearing things up for me. I am having a blast revisiting this game and now I can play my version 2! :grin:
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

MaskedGUAPO wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:11 pm Thank you for the reply, BlueCrab. You've resolved my issues. I am a novice when it comes to this sort of thing and was a bit perplexed by some of the information online. Thanks again for clearing things up for me. I am having a blast revisiting this game and now I can play my version 2! :grin:
Glad to help. Enjoy the server. :grin:
Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Treamcaster »

Is it possible to patch the game to stack grinders and materials?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Treamcaster wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:43 pm Is it possible to patch the game to stack grinders and materials?
Is it possible to do so at all? Probably (but it's possible that it might require a modified disc image). Is it something that is likely to be easy to do without a lot of extra work that I doubt anyone has the time/energy to do? Sadly, quite probably not.