Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst Pc version

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst Pc version

Post by legit nyck »

My first post here and would like to congratulate you for the beautiful job on the server sylverant.
My first question is there will be a version of psobb / pc sylverant on the server?
I'm not talking about the game cube version but the PC version of it!!! : P
this is good thanks for reading
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst Pc version

Post by BlueCrab »

PSO Blue Burst has very minimal support. Basically, you can create a character and log onto a ship and a block, but you can't do much more than that.

There is an earlier version of PSO for PC that is fully supported. That version only has episode 1, and for most intents, acts just like PSOv2 for Dreamcast. The situation with Blue Burst isn't likely to change any time soon, as my time to work on things is vastly diminished lately.
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

I understand thank you
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

stating that the project made ​​by teathella sodaboy is not as bad as it seems I managed to compile the trade and the incompleted combos that were also able to fix the big problem is the challenge mode is not supported or is supported ... maybe someone has tried to place the files from the server challenge in psobbgc teathella?
if you want I can upload the server that one day I activated it for a certain period have all these files ready except mode ch
good is it if bluecrab be interested I can help it
but in order to enable a server PC is highly necessary psobb challenge mode!
one is really interested in working with me on this?
Finally I will leave this course not for me but to the server sylverant
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

You probably don't know this, but Sylverant was originally based on Tethealla (hence the naming connection between the two, if you noticed it). However, before I ever released anything on the Internet, everything was completely rewritten (hence the lack of PSOBB support), mainly targeted at PSOv1 and PSOv2.

I believe that the reason that challenge mode isn't supported on Tethealla has more to do with the fact that the code doesn't handle any of the challenge-related packets, not so much the missing quest files. I'm pretty sure that somewhere I have all of the PSOBB quests (and I'm sure Sodaboy did too), but they wouldn't be of any help without the support written in the code for handling the various challenge-related packets.

Having said all of that, I'm not sure that anything in the Tethealla code would be of much use with regard to Sylverant at this point. I spent a good amount of time studying/documenting how things worked when Sylverant was still just a fork of Tethealla, so I'm pretty sure that given enough time I'd be able to implement full PSOBB support into Sylverant. The problem is, of course, finding the time to do it. At this point, I wouldn't expect me to have the time to work on it for a while, unfortunately.

There's at least one group of people that were looking at rewriting/expanding/working with Tethealla still. I don't know what kind of progress they have made or even if they're still working at it at this point...
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Thanks for the responses blue crab XD were very enlightening
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Has thanked: 0

Post by Didi »

Spent two years there was any news about it?
Passatempo favorito: Jogar os diversos PSOs
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Well, I haven't had much in the way of time to work on things lately, but I suppose it is a little bit better than it was then. Item drops should work pretty much everywhere except for Episode 4, as I implemented that along with all the other versions server-side drop functionality. I haven't implemented quests (nor challenge/battle mode, since they rely on quests) for Blue Burst at all, however.
IcemaX
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by IcemaX »

I think Sylverant is the last hope for Blue Burst.