ATT everyone > Pesky rumours

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

ATT everyone > Pesky rumours

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Today i received a complain from a player that there were rumours about his char.
Despite beeing a confusion with my char, thing is it wasn't long ago i heard something similar, makes me conclude this happens nearly on a daily basis.

This topic obviously is pointed to someone or to a group of ppl but serves as a reminder to all the players playing here, if you have a problem, any problem, post it or speak with a GM, we are here to help you, if you start saying rumors for whatever reason, not only makes you look bad, but as i saw today, you make others feel bad, in some cases without justification and thanks to a problem with identity the problem reached someone else.
Some players seem to think i'm the big bad wolf around here and everyone they see they seem to think it's me, so all the things they say, they actually say to someone who cares and that obviously reached to the point today that were probably facing the 1st ban in sylverant.

It's obvious that i make no complains of anything that is said on altimira, it's not my ship, i don't play there, so ppl can say whatever they want, you're giving a fine reputation to said ship and i'm not caring one bit.

Today things changed because someone cared and doesn't want these rumors to exist in the server, ppl come here to play and not to hear what others said behind their backs.

Each ship has their own group of GMs (and rules i supose) so i'm sure if the problem happened in altimira or Iselia it will be taken care of, if it happen on vega then i can pretty much garantee that i'll hit hard.

You can do your best to avoid vega, but keep in mind all ships have GMs and there are plenty of them, so even if you have a GM buddy to keep you safe, the other GMs might think otherwise.

With or without punishment, you ppl can say all you want about me on altimira, i won't issue a single complain, if you change ship and do the same then that will be different.
If you want to question someone, talk directly, what are you ppl afraid of? It seems ppl with no clue at all prefer talking around the back and then i get these situations that could be avoided if ppl talked directly.
Exept for me, you're making everyone else look bad.

If anyone has experienced any of these situation or has heard them, then contact one of the GMs so we can all get some sort of arrangement were nearly all can play together, do it on your own time and give names if possible, i know there are lot's of ppl that are neutral and in the end names aren't shared because they like to be buddies with everyone, if you have heard rumours on vega, then rush to your PM box and send me a PM.

I apologise Bluecrab for filling this forum with this pointless post, but i feel necessary, if anything it might prevent future problems, i would enjoy that and i'm sure others would to.

Have fun playing, yours truly K_I_R_E_E_K the Vega ship GM
Last edited by K_I_R_E_E_K on Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: ATT everyone > Pesky rumours

Post by BlueCrab »

With regard to moderator powers, I can deal with problems on any and all ships, of course. If you have a problem or a concern, don't hesitate to bring it up!

That all said, talking about people behind their back is... well, rude. Especially when that person is a member of the staff of any of the ships. If you have a problem with someone on the staff of a ship, bring it up to them. Or, if you don't feel comfortable doing that in public, bring it up with me and I'll deal with any issues.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Has thanked: 0

Re: ATT everyone > Pesky rumours

Post by Aleron Ives »

While I do not know what happened, I will take the opportunity to say that I would like users on Altimira to refrain from speaking ill of other players. Our community is too small to allow rumours and hearsay to divide the remaining players even further. If someone cheats in your game that has legit mode enabled, please report it to the staff so we can deal with the situation.
"Fear the HUnewearl."