Various Difficulties

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Sickjin
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Various Difficulties

Post by Sickjin »

I've installed PSO PC (yes, on Windows 7) and I'm getting the No Language Supported problem when I try to use the autorun.exe, which means that I can't connect to Sylverant's servers. Has a solution to this problem been found yet? I've tried reinstalling and get the same problem.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Various Difficulties

Post by BlueCrab »

Most likely the issue is that you haven't replaced the autorun.exe with the patched version... Unfortunately, I can't recall off the top of my head where one would actually get the patched autorun.exe, so hopefully someone can point you to it (its been a long day)...
Sickjin
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Sickjin »

ah, yeah, I downloaded every patch and addon from your download page but a patched version of Autorun wasn't one of them. I'll go on a quest for that and see some of you very soon, then (fingers crossed). I haven't been able to play this game with other people since 2002ish.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Ok... I've put together a little patch that should fix the issue. Grab the Zip file from here: http://sylverant.net/downloads/autorun-patch.zip and extract it to wherever the autorun.exe file is. Then run patch.bat, and hopefully you should now have a new file called autorun-patched.exe. If you don't have any use for the old autorun.exe, delete it, and rename autorun-patched.exe to autorun.exe.

Note: I don't know who came up with the original patch for the autorun, so I don't know who to give credit to for it. I simply packaged this up in a nice neat package as a patch (rather than distributing the whole autorun.exe file). Also, I don't have Windows installed on my machine, so I can't actually test the batch file for applying the patch. It should work, but if not, let me know.
Sickjin
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Sickjin »

Code: Select all

C:\Windows\system32>xdelta3.exe -d -s "autorun.exe" "autorun.xdelta" "autorun-patched.exe"
'xdelta3.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Press any key to continue . . . 
Sickjin
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Sickjin »

I'm not 100% sure what I did, but I got it to work now. I think if you're running Windows 7 you have to set xdelta3.exe to "Run As Administrator" in the Permissions tab, then run patch.bat as Administrator as well (it won't let you set it in Permissions, but you can select it by right clicking the .bat).
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I'm guessing that what happened is that somehow in setting up the administrator permissions it set the working directory for the script (to the directory that the script resided in), rather than to C:\Windows\System32. Glad to hear you got it working.