DCEmulation

dreamcast development • homebrew software • hardware hacking • indie games • emulators • and more!
Back to main site
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:25 pm 
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Still trashing the CD media... hmm... +10 wasted CDs.. I also burned a dreamcast homebrew game to see what would happen and even that failed. Well, I think there's nothing else you can do to help me. There may be something wrong with the dvd-writer, or the CD bulk is damaged. Gotta figure that out later. :x

Thank you anyways for the support, I appreciate it. :wink:

Quote:
This is really why I usually just burn all my Dreamcast stuff the old fashioned way (with Marcus Comstedt's directions).

Well, you convinced me. I don't think I'll be able to work it out but I'll try at least..

::Edited::

Last edited by Treamcaster on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:38 pm 
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Treamcaster wrote:
Still trashing the CD media... hmm... +10 wasted CDs.. I also burned a dreamcast game to see what would happen and even that failed. Well, I think there's nothing else you can do to help me. There may be something wrong with the dvd-writer, or the CD bulk is damaged. Gotta figure that out later. :x

Thank you anyways for the support, I appreciate it. :wink:

Quote:
This is really why I usually just burn all my Dreamcast stuff the old fashioned way (with Marcus Comstedt's directions).

Well, you convinced me. I don't think I'll be able to work it out but I'll try at least..
If you're not able to burn anything Dreamcast related (please don't mention piracy), then I doubt that Marcus' directions will help out at all. Its quite possible that you have a batch of discs the Dreamcast just doesn't like (I've had that problem once before).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:43 pm 
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Yeah, I never had burning problems before with any dreamcast homebrew stuff so I must be doing something wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:53 pm 
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

succeeds to bake it to CD-R in BootDreams!. :grin:

An ASPI driver is necessary,
Because XP did not have it, I installed it.
it was easy,
Thank you.

However, I cannot test it because there is not DC ...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:46 am 
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Tream, I have a feeling the problem is hardware related. Perhaps your burner can't make discs readable by the Dreamcast, or your Dreamcast can't read CD-Rs anymore. The only way to be sure would be to try burning a disc on a different computer, or trying the discs you've already burned in another Dreamcast.

Honestly, there's not really any way for a CDI to be "wrong", to my knowledge. When you burn in "RAW" mode, it's basically just dumping the contents of one CD onto another one, without worrying about the structure of the disc. The only way that could fail is if your media is bad, your burner is strange, or your Dreamcast is defective. I don't know of any way to fix the problem other than to change one of those three things and hope for the best.

I, for one, can't use cdrecord to burn Dreamcast discs, because cdrecord does not work properly with my burner. No matter what I do, cdrecord refuses to burn the first session without a pregap, which causes LBA values to always be +2 from what they should be. I long ago gave up using cdrecord and switched to CDRWIN, because it actually works for me. (Although, only the most recent version does. The one before that didn't support my burner at all, so I was forced to transfers files to my laptop to burn anything Dreamcast-related until recently.)

norakuro wrote:
succeeds to bake it to CD-R in BootDreams!. :grin:

An ASPI driver is necessary,
Because XP did not have it, I installed it.
it was easy,
Thank you.

However, I cannot test it because there is not DC ...

Can you send the disc to someone who has a DC? If many Japanese players have trouble creating the loader disc, maybe somebody who can create working discs can send the discs to players who need them.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:40 am 
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Quote:
Can you send the disc to someone who has a DC? If many Japanese players have trouble creating the loader disc, maybe somebody who can create working discs can send the discs to players who need them.

Regretfully,Extremely difficult.
It is only the Conversation in the Anonymity BBS
know neither the name nor the mail address,
whether true to wherever,
I am untrustworthy to there.

How much numerical person succeeded?,
Not well understood.

I taught the necessary thing,
cannot but do it by person himself,
I only pray for success.