Can't connect prepatched game with DreamPi but can with BBA

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

QuestForTori
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Can't connect prepatched game with DreamPi but can with BBA

Post by QuestForTori »

I'm trying to connect to Sylverant with my patched backup of PSOv2, and while it works fine when using the BBA, trying to connect with my DreamPi with the patched game doesn't seem to work. It goes through all the connection steps, but fails at the end with a "The line was disconnected" error. Do I need a non-patched game if I use a DreamPi? I have tested my DreamPi with other online games and it seems to work just fine.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Can't connect prepatched game with DreamPi but can with BBA

Post by BlueCrab »

Does it give any more information other than "The line was disconnected" in the error? If not, that sounds like the DreamPi is disconnecting the game for some reason... It might possibly be an issue with the line voltage inducer or the modem?
QuestForTori
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by QuestForTori »

BlueCrab wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:47 am Does it give any more information other than "The line was disconnected" in the error? If not, that sounds like the DreamPi is disconnecting the game for some reason... It might possibly be an issue with the line voltage inducer or the modem?
It gets through the whole dialing and connection process and shows this screen at the very end:

I've tested other online games as well as the web browser and they all work just fine through DreamPi, it's just my patched PSOv2 that doesn't work. :(
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Unfortunately, that doesn't really tell much... My only guess is that your patched image is attempting to connect to some address that the DreamPi doesn't know about.
QuestForTori
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by QuestForTori »

BlueCrab wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:33 pm Unfortunately, that doesn't really tell much... My only guess is that your patched image is attempting to connect to some address that the DreamPi doesn't know about.
To be specific, I'm using the DC_Ives_Pack_v2 patched image - is there a good way I can use the patcher swap disc with an ODE, and is there anything specific I have to do to use it with DreamPi? I have a GDI backup of my real disc as well, but I don't know how I can use the official patching method on an ODE.
QuestForTori
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by QuestForTori »

Any ideas what might be the issue? I’m not sure how else to connect via DreamPi with my ODE.
QuestForTori
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by QuestForTori »

Oh wait, I’m actually getting the same error with my BBA now? It still says the line was disconnected. The default DNS in the settings is 138.197.20.130.
QuestForTori
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by QuestForTori »

I found the solution - I put in a bad Serial/AK combo back when I started the save, so I had to use the Dreamcast Flash Eraser tool to erase that data and start fresh with a new save file with a good SNAK.