A Request

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Jian
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

A Request

Post by Jian »

So I somehow corrupted my PSO, due to idiocy I actually uninstalled and reinstall it, my characters are gone.
Sooo, >.> Can you please , please restore it somehow?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: A Request

Post by BlueCrab »

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do. PSOPC stores all of its data client-side, so the only way you'd be able to do anything on the server is if you had saved the character data with /save. :|

Although it won't help with getting your level and such back, there are plenty of people who would be willing to help in getting items back that you lost. Most people around are quite nice and willing to lend a hand when trouble comes, if they can.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Now, there is a problem with that.
Saving and restoring command only works for the guild card, so there is no way i can save a char and send it to you.

However i may be able to help you.
Creating the items is easy, either send me a PM requesting whatever items you need restored or i can give you the tool (also via PM) so that you can manually restore them yourself.

The exp is the real concern, the only way to do it is to manually edit the exp you have and i can't do that for you, but i can help you how to do it via cheat engine.
Same way, i can send a PM with the program and then either tell you step by step what you need to do or you can add my msn and we will chat as both of us alter the exp, that way i can guide you.

All i ask is a little responsibility, i can make any item and items that are indeed legit can be used even in legit marked games. (atleast on vega), but obvious illegit items will not be alowed.
As long you agree with that i may help you.

I do recomend for future online games, that you backup your save somehow, either by using the server commands, by backing up save files or by knowing how to restore items and lvl.
Last edited by K_I_R_E_E_K on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I'd honestly prefer that we don't proliferate the cheating programs that ran rampant back in the day, if at all possible. I know its annoying losing a character, but cheating to get a new one is not the right way to fix the problem, in my opinion. Restoring items is one thing (I still don't want bankmods and the like being used, personally), but cheating to re-level a character is a complete different story...

The best advice is to always keep backups of your character data, both on the client-side and using server-side functionality, if possible.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

I mean, if he doesn't use it, then it's impossible to restore it instantly, i'm offering my services via PM because this specific user needs help.

Obviously i don't know what are his intentions, but in the end what he does it's up to him, in the best outcome he will be honest enough to recover his char to his original level and will recreate his original items, nontheless he will still need to obey the ship rules.

PSO palace offers several cheating patches and mods, obviously those are not alowed in vega legit games but are alowed in normal games, same deal here, if the user lvl his char way to much or creates items that he didn't had then he will be able to use them in normal games but not in legit ones (the checker being able to detect or not has no difference, legit games are a specific game leader rule atleast on vega and i know on iselia you don't want them in normal games)

But i do understand your concern Bluecrab, it's literally a lot of power on someone's fingers, items and levels may be abused.

But ppl already cheat, quests and mods are just disguises for what they offer, obviously when a item is really wanted i prefer a more direct aproach, if cheating is required then it's better to do it straight then to use some mod that will make "things easier"

I mean, you're saying that we should help him get his items back and maybe help him level, that's easy to do at the beguining, if he says he lost....a frozzen shooter, it will be literally impossible for me or anyone using non modded gameplay to find such item, the bankmod is the only solution and i'm offering to be able to recreate the items myself.

If you want i will recreate them myself, but remember that the program is easy to find, if he want really to use it, he will, i can't remove all the downloads on the web.
As for the lvl, i mean, i find odd a lvl 1 player beeing unable to equips his items and if he lost a lvl +150 char then getting it back the normal way will take a long time.

what can be done? :cry:
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

The one time I permanently lost my character (due to NOLing on Sega's server on DCv1), I picked up the pieces afterwards and made a new character from scratch. I re-leveled it legiltly and got all the items I wanted back the same way. I didn't let a bad situation drive me to cheating. I used it as an opportunity for a new beginning.

While I know not everyone would see such an event that way, its still (I believe) the right way to see it. While I obviously can't control the cheat programs out there on the internet, I can ask that they not be proliferated. I'd much prefer if help were offered in such a way that these programs need not be used, but if they are used I'd rather they weren't spread around.

Remember, with great power comes great responsibility. Use it wisely. That's my opinion, and the last thing I'll say on the subject in this topic.
Jian
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Jian »

Thanks for the replies, sorry i just replied back now.
Well after reading about what you call "save backups" "client side" i tried to restore my deleted sega folder( So actually I deleted it, then uninstalled it... right i know its kind of stupid >.>), and I'm well sorry, since i may posted in the wrong thread(Im playing on PC , but well this is the DC thread >.>)...
Althought if your reading this, I do have another question, or should i post another topic instead (Its about gameplay).
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Jian wrote:since i may posted in the wrong thread(Im playing on PC , but well this is the DC thread >.>)...
Huh? There's no specific places to post about PC or DC here. This is the forum for Sylverant, it just happens to be hosted at a place about Dreamcast stuff.
Althought if your reading this, I do have another question, or should i post another topic instead (Its about gameplay).
Doesn't really matter. Post in this topic, I guess?
Jian
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Jian »

I have a Rudra MAG level 52
Synchro 120%
IQ 38
DEF 14 , POW 26, DEX 8 , MIND 4
Its 52 and it wont evolve? D: <
On 49 it double leveled into 51, I dont know if this really has any ties with it tho.
Oh and Im a hunter
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Well.....i don't know why it didn't evolve and leveling twice shouldn't had any impact, i once made a pure star atomizer mag and it leveled 4 levels at a time, the game was still smart enough to calculate the mag formula.

Since mag formulas are calculated at 10,35,50,55,60,65,70,75,.....195,200, then i sugest leveling it to lvl 55 to see if any changes are made, if not then just keep leveling, the game gives you many oportunities to change the mag apearence, all you need is to change wich stats are higher and wich stats are lower.
Jian
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Jian »

Thanks, that helped :D