<idea> Drop Scroll

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Cathy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

<idea> Drop Scroll

Post by Cathy »

Would it be possible to implement a drop scroll ALA Sega PSOBB where the server makes announcements based on rare drops in the following format "(Player) got a (Item) on (Ship) (Block) (Block Number)? I think this would be a fun idea that would bring the community together more by letting people know what is happening server wide. Perhaps even take this a step further and provide general server statistics like: Most played quests, items that have dropped most, highest dropped percents of the month, and perhaps even people who have levelled online recently. Just some thoughts :)
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: <idea> Drop Scroll

Post by BlueCrab »

The scrolling message packet is only available on PSOBB (at least in the form that I know of), so there's no way to replicate that exactly. It would be possible to use the message type that I use for global messages and things like legit checker messages, however. In fact, the first day that Altimira was up and available to the public, we were playing around and sending global messages like rare drops that way, even though they were completely bogus. :lol:

The stats stuff might be an interesting addition to the website, since I can't really think of a good way to deal with it on the server itself (due to the lack of the scrolling message packet on versions earlier than PSOBB). :)

I'll consider that stuff when I get a chance to work on things again, but I probably won't have much time for the next month and a half or so... :?
Cathy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Cathy »

I see.
Thanks for the timely response, really appreciate you being so open to this idea.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Certainly. I'm always open to ideas of how to improve things. :grin:
EvilMag
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie