Need advice connecting GC to hdtv

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

nytesong
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Need advice connecting GC to hdtv

Post by nytesong »

So i wanna dust off the ol Gamecube and copy of Pso Ep I and II. My tv is s Samsung T220HD and my Gamecube DOES have the digital av out on it. Should i buy 110 dollar component cable, or is there another way? I did a little research and there's this SCART thing. Will that do the trick? The hdtv is 22 inches, and from what i read i think it does have a scart connection on the back. Never used one tho and havent the slightest what it would look like.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Moopthehedgehog
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Re: Need advice connecting GC to hdtv

Post by Moopthehedgehog »

SCART is only on european televisions. It's better than composite, though (red/white/yellow).

The Digital AV Out thing is definitely much better than both of those, and I can't play without it anymore since I got so used to it (on a Wii--I'm actually trying to get a component cable for a Gamecube as I write this). I wouldn't get it for $100, I would look for one that's a bit cheaper than that.

Of course, this is all considering you are in North America using a North American Gamecube...
I'm sure Aleron Ives feels weird with his postcount back to <10668
:D
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

SCART would be your cheapest bet, but with it you'd be stuck in standard 480i which would probably look like shit on your TV. The Gamecube hardware requires that Digital A/V port for progressive scan.

I got a pair of GC Component Cables off Craigslist for $15, too, so you never know what you'll run into if you just keep your eyes peeled.
nytesong
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by nytesong »

Cool, I'll start checking craigslist. Thanks for the tip.