Help New Member Connect to Sylverant PSO GC

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Piss91111
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help New Member Connect to Sylverant PSO GC

Post by Piss91111 »

I read how to connect to Sylverant, but I'm still kind of unsure.
I play PSO GC Ep. 1 and 2, not plus
First of all, I'm also new to the forums so if this post is wrong or breaking a rule, I'm truly sorry. I read the rules, but some I don't understand. Anyways the DNS is 67.222.144.120 I believe and I created an account for the Sylverant Account Management already.
Here are a few questions I have about the server, once again I am new :grin: so please don't be too mean. hehe
1. The password for my account I made with the Account Management for Sylerant, is that password suppose to match the Password I use for my online game for PSO? Or are they just suppose to match.
2. Which ship is for Gamecubers?
3. Are the drop rates the same as the offline game, or are they changed? And if there are any added items that could not be found in the Sega server, could you please state them for me.
4. Are there any online quests that could be downloaded to be able to play offline?
5. What happens when I send the Account Management my Serial Number and Access Key? If they give me a guild card or something with do I do with it?
6. Do I need anything else besides an online adapter, the network setting stuff, Serial number, Access Key, and the DNS to get on the Sylerant Server?
7. Could you let me know if there are any events going on? (Such as holiday rappys and stuff)
8. Are they are any added new quests that Sylverant made? or only the Sega quests?
9. Is it fun? :grin:

Thank you for all your help, please help me so I could get on the servers.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Re: Help New Member Connect to Sylverant PSO GC

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

1 - The account simply enables you to access a particular section on the website, where you for example can register serials.
If you already have one then simple register the SNAK (serial number access key) and enter online, if it matches the game will alow you to enter the server.
If you never Played PSO and never inputed a SNAK, then generate one and use it.

2 - All ships enable you to enter and play, however, if you face a problem entering iselia or altimira, then try vega, due to a different location, you might receive better results.
I have seen few GC players and i see them usually on iselia or vega (mostly on vega because that seems to be where players can actually connect and play.)

3 - I have no info on that, the ships do not have any kind of extra server drops, so the game is exactly the same as offline.

4 - i don't know, i'll wait for someone else input.

5 - You register your serial and then you are able to connect online here, the server will simply check if you are in the database, if you are then you are clear to enter, if you are not then you must register a serial on the account page.

6 - i don't know much how the GC connection works, but i believe that's about it

7 - I believe the ships do change themes at the right time, but i don't know if there is a specific day and time when they do it.

8 - there is atleast one on vega, however i recomend not to do it, it's not finished and i'm not sure if GCubers can play or load the quest (TTF ++, yes, same as ttf, but with more enemies, has a few extras), if you can play it then try the obvious forest to falz run, if you ever see a strange room in ruins (with megid traps and foie traps) then don't use the warp, besides being difficult reaching it without dying, the warp leads you to empty areas.

9 - If you find ppl online to play with you, anything will be fun
Last edited by K_I_R_E_E_K on Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Welcome to the server. I hope you enjoy all the work I've put into it. I'll provide my answers to the questions you've posted (so you can get my official "point of view" so to speak).
Piss91111 wrote:1. The password for my account I made with the Account Management for Sylerant, is that password suppose to match the Password I use for my online game for PSO? Or are they just suppose to match.
Yes, the password must match the one you've used in PSOGC. The server does check this.
2. Which ship is for Gamecubers?
Any ship you want to use, there's no specific one for Gamecube users. One word of caution, Altimira has no Gamecube quests on it, so if you want to play quests, you'll probably want to shy away from that ship. Iselia and Altimira will always be the most up-to-date ships, as I can update them any time I change the code.
3. Are the drop rates the same as the offline game, or are they changed? And if there are any added items that could not be found in the Sega server, could you please state them for me.
The drops on PSOGC are controlled by the client. The server does nothing to modify them at all.
4. Are there any online quests that could be downloaded to be able to play offline?
The login server does have some PSOGC quests, but they're only available in English at the moment.
5. What happens when I send the Account Management my Serial Number and Access Key? If they give me a guild card or something with do I do with it?
Registering your Serial/Access Key generates a guildcard number to uniquely identify you on the server. Within the game, you can send users your guildcard to maintain list of friends (and they can of course send you theirs).
6. Do I need anything else besides an online adapter, the network setting stuff, Serial number, Access Key, and the DNS to get on the Sylerant Server?
Nope, you shouldn't.
7. Could you let me know if there are any events going on? (Such as holiday rappys and stuff)
There are no specific events going on right now, but we may come up with ones in the future. There was a holiday exclusive quest on Altimira for Christmas, for instance.
8. Are they are any added new quests that Sylverant made? or only the Sega quests?
Iselia has a quest I made called "Global Warming" that is available on all versions of the game that are supported. Also, Vega has what they call TTF++, but it doesn't work very well on Gamecube, and is somewhat glitchy on other versions too (I'm told).
9. Is it fun? :grin:
I think it is (or else why would I have started on the project, right :lol:). Its even more fun when you can find people to play with.

I hope you have fun on the server.
Piss91111
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Piss91111 »

Thank you guys, that really helped, time to get started signing up xD
Cielo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Cielo »

Hi, i'm having problems connecting. I checked and i'm connecting to the internet and i already have my serial number and access key registered on the site. I also am using the same password when it prompts me but everytime it tries to connect it says it failed to connect and the line was interrupted. Any ideas on what i should do?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Cielo wrote:Hi, i'm having problems connecting. I checked and i'm connecting to the internet and i already have my serial number and access key registered on the site. I also am using the same password when it prompts me but everytime it tries to connect it says it failed to connect and the line was interrupted. Any ideas on what i should do?
Did you set up the DNS correctly in the provider option in the game?
Cielo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Cielo »

I thought so but just to be safe could u walk me through it? I'm kinda bad with this stuff
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I'm not at home right now, so, here's a guide on how to set things up (granted, for schtserv, but the idea is the same):
http://schtserv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=73119#p73119

For the DNS server, put in the sylverant.net IP address: 67.222.144.120

Hopefully that'll work out for you.
nytesong
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by nytesong »

i don't use a router. i just plugged the line into the GC. i didn't have any problems using the dns you specified. i need to set up a lan tho. i lost my old router i used back in my pso gc days. :( my main toon is only lvl 60's (64 i think) RAmar. lost my old toon but thats ok.