PSO DC disconnection problems. Need Help

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

nyarlathotep88
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

PSO DC disconnection problems. Need Help

Post by nyarlathotep88 »

After logging into the Sylverant servers, I get disconnected after about 5-10 minutes. If anyone has any suggestions as to why, I would greatly appreciate it.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Re: PSO DC disconnection problems. Need Help

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Sorry if i left the game, but near the end of the area i was unable to chat and the disconnect message took a long time to apear, before that happened, i saw you chatting to me and you even rejoined my game.
nyarlathotep88
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by nyarlathotep88 »

Yeah I'm hoping to figure it out soon. according to the banner, there are bugs, so maybe my DC is very susceptible to them.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I'd guess that if you're using some sort of DC-PC Server setup that somehow that's not working stably for you. There's nothing about the server that should be disconnecting you every 5-10 minutes unless your internet connection gets extremely flaky.
nyarlathotep88
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by nyarlathotep88 »

I'm currently using BBA on the DC that is connected directly to internet. Playing with PALv2. Have DSL, and there are a few lags ever now and then, but nothing really noticeable unless I'm looking for it.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Are you playing with an original copy of PALv2, or are you playing with a burned copy? I know several of the burned varieties out there are extremely prone to random bugs/FSODs/etc. I know several of the bugs that people were reporting early on while I was working on Sylverant could not be reproduced by me with an actual legit copy of the game (believe me, I tried) -- thus they have to be either related to their internet connections or with the burned copy they were using.
nyarlathotep88
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by nyarlathotep88 »

I'm using a copy of MAG94 DCT PSOPALv2, I have a feeling it is my disc as it is burned (and cracked). I do however own legit copies of both version 1 and 2 for NTSC-U systems. Maybe I will try those.
nyarlathotep88
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by nyarlathotep88 »

NTSC-U version 1 seems to freeze very quickly while at the lobby. Even if no one is there. This is very strange to me.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

NTSC-U v2 will not work, as it attempts to verify something over SSL with a Sega server. Neither of the NTSC-J versions will work either for the same reason, for reference. Only versions that will work are PAL v1/v2 and NTSC-U v1.

With regard to v1 freezing, check to make sure your disc is clean and your Dreamcast's laser is clean as well. I hate to say it, but if both of the laser and the disc are clean, you might well have a Dreamcast with a dying laser on your hands. :(
nyarlathotep88
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by nyarlathotep88 »

I have verified that the laser and disc are both in great shape. As with version having a problem, it could be that version doesn't support BBA by default, so that may be causing the strange problem I was having before.
Moopthehedgehog
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Moopthehedgehog »

oh, I think I know why v1 freezes!
It doesn't support some custom skins, and I remember they had to be changed to look like Humars on *otherserver*.
I'm sure Aleron Ives feels weird with his postcount back to <10668
:D
nyarlathotep88
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by nyarlathotep88 »

Oh okay. That makes more sense. Is there a way to get around that problem?
Moopthehedgehog
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Moopthehedgehog »

Not from the client side, no (if this is the problem to begin with).
I'm sure Aleron Ives feels weird with his postcount back to <10668
:D
mautheus
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by mautheus »

Hello everyone.
Using the discussion on the subject, I would like to know something that several owners of DC PSO ver2 NTSC / U also want to know. Is it possible, through somehow return to play online with our GD and using our own Serial Key?
I say this because since here in Sylverant copied games are not allowed, at least we could play with serial and keys that are legal on the cover of our GD's. I hope you understood my question.
I am Brazilian and it's hard for me to purchase an original version of PSO ver1 NTSC / U.
I know that this is because Sega has disabled HL server.
So BlueCrab or Aleron Ives.
As my English is poor, I used Google to translate.
Thank you for your attention.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

You need a PAL PSO ver.2 to play online (copy or original)

As specified on the connect page you will need either codebreaker codes on a separate memory card or you will need to use a BBA.

Registering serials is only required for PSO ver.2 for PC

If you can't buy the game, then you can use a burned copy, maybe even with an autoconnect system to save you time to enter the codebreaker codes, however, discussion here is limited, so the only thing i can say is for you to google around to see if you can find something as i can't point a location for them.
mautheus
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by mautheus »

Sure K_I_R_E_E_K.
But tell me one thing, using a copy of the game, I will not have a single guild card, right?
And again, I can suffer FSOD when you're playing, right?

BlueCrab said it is possible to annul the codebreaker codes SSL verification that the game ver2 NTSC / U is the HL server, but he also said it nessessário time and study towards it. Based on this he said, so I came here to state my desire to make that happen.
Like, I'd be quite happy to play with my original version for my Dreamcast. It's only a wish that my work should be back online for this type ver2 with NTSC / U.
But as I have no such knowledge, I'm kickin 'a good soul make this work.
And unless this were to happen, I'll have to settle for playing the PC version or copy of PSO ver2 DC PAL.
Thanks
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

You will have a Guild card, a copy is the same as the original game, you can even use both to play PSO (offline/online)

Regarding FSOD, it is possible that it might happen, however this is not schthack and one thing i noticed was that PC users can join DC users without causing FSOD.
FSODs in quests exist, there are methods to avoid them wich i can post if you wish.
There is a way FSODs may not happen in quests, but you need the perfect combination of cd's, ISO images, Burner, software and planet alignment for that to happen :P
Only online FSODs are problematic, offline ones are just anoying and avoidable

If you are afraid to lose your equips, simply make a backup save before going online, i even made a movie on youtube on how you can do it, if you fsod then you can simply backup again and enter online, takes a few minutes but it's better then to hunt the items again.
Even if you lose your equips, ask me or another user to remake the items, simply provide details and we will make them, for me it's pretty much acceptable and i see no harm in this.
A 3rd way is for you to use /save [slot] to save in the lobby and then if something goes wrong use /restore [slot] in the lobby (being slot a number from 1 to 4)

Regarding a way to avoid the HL check, i don't know any besides getting a game that doesn't use it.
mautheus
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by mautheus »

Very enlightening, thanks...
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:Regarding a way to avoid the HL check, i don't know any besides getting a game that doesn't use it.
In theory, it should be possible via codebreaker or something of the like, but its not something that anyone has had any luck trying to do. It'd require a lot of time and a lot of patience, but I do think its possible. Its just not something that I have the time to do, sadly.