Help with serials in PCv2

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

silverskull
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help with serials in PCv2

Post by silverskull »

Alright, so I have no clue what to do at this point. Basically... I have an existing installation of PCv2, and I want to connect to the server. It has no serials registered at the moment. How can I use the serials I generated on the Sylverant website to connect?

I'm having this problem because the only serial changer I've found requires you to be connected to a server while changing it. (Which I obviously cannot do.)
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Help with serials in PCv2

Post by BlueCrab »

If you have a clean install, the game should ask you for the Serial Number/Access Key before you try to connect to the server (assuming you're going through the autorun.exe). There should be no need for a serial changer program.
silverskull
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by silverskull »

Well that's just it, it's not a clean install. It's been used to connect to Schtserv in the past. Reinstalling wouldn't be a problem, but... assuming you're talking about the stock autorun.exe... that doesn't work on English systems AFAIK. (That "not support language" error, you know?)

I've always set it up by running setup.exe directly from the CD.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Did you get a unique serial/access key from schtserv when you played there? If so, you can register that serial/access key on the Sylverant site and it should work just fine (Pick "Register PSOPC Key" instead of the "Generate new PSOPC Key" option on the key management page). Of course, that will only work if you actually know the key (as I'm not entirely sure how you could get the information without using the autorun.exe otherwise).

Also, I know there's an autorun.exe with PSOPC on the schtserv site (or on psopalace) that will make it work on systems with the language set to English. I personally use that autorun.exe file myself (along with online.exe and pso.exe pointing at Sylverant) for my PSOPC testing.
silverskull
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by silverskull »

silverskull wrote:It has no serials registered at the moment.
Found the Schtserv online.exe at their website, ran it, entered my SN/AK... and got absolutely nowhere as the loader tries to connect to a nonexistent patch server. Entering the SN/AK there didn't appear to change anything as I still get a serial error when I start the game and try to connect the usual way. (I use the patched Vista/Win7 loader from PSO Palace, by the way.)

I must say, this process would be really discouraging to someone completely new to PSO.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Hopefully the PM I've sent you will actually fix the problem for you.
sparky
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by sparky »

Hi BlueCrab,

I am having similar trouble getting the serial and access key to register. Basically, I installed a new copy of Phantasy Star Online on this computer with no previous characters or installations.

Once the installation was complete I tried the autorun.exe that comes in the folder but received the language error. After that, I downloaded a copy of the pso.exe, online.exe, and autorun.exe from schtserv giving me a little more information. At one point I choose to go Online then asked to register a serial and key.

I use the two numbers generated from the Sylverant website and continue to accept. At this point the server transmission fails and the game stops. I tried patching the file to the Sylverant IP but no luck getting it to change.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong and how to correct it? I very much appreciate it.

Thank you
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

You have to fix both the online.exe and pso.exe files to point to sylverant.net. I believe that the exes over at dc-talk are fixed up and work just fine with Sylverant.
sparky
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by sparky »

Hi BlueCrab,

Thank you for the response. I downloaded the file from dc-talk but it only contains the pso.exe which appears to be patched for Sylverant. When I try patching the online.exe with a hex editor I turn the file to an unknown binary.

I admit my knowledge of hex editing is very limited. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Are you downloading just the windowed exe? If so, grab the fullscreen download. That should have online.exe as well (unless they changed the exes from what they were originally).
Moopthehedgehog
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Moopthehedgehog »

Ives fixed all of his exes on his site, psopalace.sylverant.net. You can get them from there, in the downloads section, 100%.
Edit: I read the post below. I'm just putting an alternate place to get them.
Last edited by Moopthehedgehog on Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm sure Aleron Ives feels weird with his postcount back to <10668
:D
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Nope, the ones at dc-talk do have all the necessary files, including online.exe
vicviper74
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by vicviper74 »

I just click start.bat and click start game and it show whatever is listed and you can change it...

late i know but someone may want to read it and use it
Since people seem to message me for nuthin!!! I removed my messenger link ha ha ha ha