US ver. 2 support...... Please....?

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Nachtholm
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

US ver. 2 support...... Please....?

Post by Nachtholm »

I want to join your server, but I just read that you have no plans to support US v2. As I only have the US v2, I was wondering if that was because you have don't have the knowledge to fool the HL check, or if it's because you don't have the time/motivation/resources to bypass the HL?

I don't really have any programming knowledge, but wouldn't it be possible to use a codebreaker code client-side to completely disable the HL query? Please? Anything to get my PSO fix now that Sylvanet is gone.
If a person does not know what evil is, how can that person define good?
If one has no concept of good, how can they understand evil?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: US ver. 2 support...... Please....?

Post by BlueCrab »

Nachtholm wrote:I want to join your server, but I just read that you have no plans to support US v2. As I only have the US v2, I was wondering if that was because you have don't have the knowledge to fool the HL check, or if it's because you don't have the time/motivation/resources to bypass the HL?

I don't really have any programming knowledge, but wouldn't it be possible to use a codebreaker code client-side to completely disable the HL query? Please? Anything to get my PSO fix now that Sylvanet is gone.
Well, its kinda a combination of a lot of things. Many people have tried to fool the HL check by now, and unfortunately nobody has been successful.

It is entirely possible that you could patch the check out via a Codebreaker cheat, but nobody has figured it out thus far. With enough time, I don't doubt it could be done, however I do not have such time myself right now (I'm a graduate student, and this is a spare-time project for me between work and classes).

I encourage anyone who wants to try to figure it out to do so. The game should work with the server just fine if you can manage to bypass the HL check (after all, EUv2 works fine). Mind you, many people have invested countless hours trying to figure it out with nothing to show thus far, so its not an easy task.