New Player

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Player

Post by sixtenbruce »

and I also need an US webkey since US version 2 doesn't recognize my fake european ISP setup...
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

You need to stand right next to him to get a target lock. Higher Technique levels have higher range on Ver.2, whereas range does not depend upon Technique levels in Ver.3 and higher.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

Do you guys think a US dreamkey will be enough to create a fake US ISP?
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

and thx Aleron for the tip btw Aleron. It's been so long since I played the dreamcast version of this game... Been playing the gamecubeversion since I think it's more flexible
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

There is no such thing as a US Dream Key. Dream Key is the European browser IIRC, whereas Dream Passport is the Japanese browser. The US browser is Planet Web.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
PsyLance
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by PsyLance »

New to the server long time player. i play on gc. Glad to be apart of this community
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

Yep I've been new a long time now =) Mostly I say that because I haven't been able to connect to the dreamcast yet. And today I realized I may have bought the wrong adapter.... I bought the HIT-300 and I guess I need the HIT-400? Can anyone confirm this? which internet hours are you usually playing PsyLance?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

The HIT-0300 cannot be used for any online games, unfortunately. :?

If someone sold you this as if it were the Broadband adapter, seek a refund.
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

Yeah I wasted good money on that one... Bought it from Japan so complaining about a refund seems impossible... Now I know what I need though HIT-400!
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Sadly, the HIT-0300's usefulness is fairly limited. It can be used for homebrew development (KallistiOS and dcload both support it as well as the BBA), and it can be used with the web browser disc it came with originally.

I hope you didn't spend too much money on the HIT-0300... :?
PsyLance
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by PsyLance »

My play time hours are usually around 12am-1am until about 6-7am. I would need to see what beat that is. Its 7:49am now.
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

Too bad I'm an European player PsyLance... I go to bed when you start to play...
Hey BlueCrab do you know if we have a GC players topic to coordinate so we can play together more often?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

sixtenbruce wrote:Too bad I'm an European player PsyLance... I go to bed when you start to play...
Hey BlueCrab do you know if we have a GC players topic to coordinate so we can play together more often?
There have been a few Gamecube topics over the years, but feel free to start a new one if you want. :wink:
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

BlueCrab wrote:Most of the people around do tend to play on the Dreamcast version or the original PC version (which is pretty much fully-compatible with the Dreamcast one). As has already been said though, there are Gamecube players around, but it probably would help if they knew when they'd be able to find others on the server. :wink:

As for a Broadband Adapter, you don't necessarily need one, if you have a PC with a modem (or a dialup ISP and a land-line phone) you could have your Dreamcast dial into. It's a bit of work to get it set up initially, but many people use that method (dialing into a PC, that is) to get on PSO these days. It's definitely a lot cheaper to get set up, even if you have to buy a modem for your PC.
I'm actually willing to test this version now due to the fact I hardly meet any people on Gamecube... I mean the original PC version. Can you download it here somewhere or how do get hold of that version of the game?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Unfortunately, the PC version of the game was sold by Sega, so the only legal way to get it is to find a copy for sale and buy it.

That said, most people that play that version probably don't legally own it. I can't point you toward where you would be able to download it, but I'm sure a little bit of searching on Google will turn it up. :wink:
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

So which one should I choose then? PSO Vista & 7 Fullscreen Executable or Private Phantay Star Online Server version 2 (pPSOs2) and which mods and patches it was a jungle... and I'm a noob... I only want to play one of my favorite games with people
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

The pPSOs2 is an old publicly released version of the Schthack PSO Server. It's probably useless to you. :wink:

Also, note that the other thing you mentioned is just the executable of the game itself, patched to connect to Sylverant (assuming you're getting it from where I hope you're getting it from). You still need to get the rest of the game.