Giana's Return and Gens4All preview 2

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Giana's Return and Gens4All preview 2

Post by Juan »

2010 came with a couple of anticipated releases as the folks at Dreamcast.es let us know:

Giana's Return finally arrived to Dreamcast with v0.997, thanks to Indiket's port. This release has save support (using just 4 locks) and featuring a VMU display exclusive to Dreamcast.

You can get it with all the other ports at Giana's Return official site.

Gens4All also saw a new release, it's second on Dreamcast - preview 2 - after almost a year, and while it's said to be a work in progress and not quite full speed, it shows improvements in compatibility.

To try fox68k and chui's work, go here

And happy new year!
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Giana's Return and Gens4All preview 2

Post by Stormwatch »

What kind of shitty hosting do they use -- I'm trying to get the Mac version, and it's pretty much impossible to get it without a download manager.
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Stryfe »

I've been waiting for the Gens4All, and I'm going to try it out now. :)
ImageImageImageImage
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Awesome, just awesome. Haven't been here in a few weeks, and can't believe I missed the Gens4all update i've been looking forward to. Giana's return is also always cool. I've been playing the DS remake of The Great Giana sisters, a lot of fun!

/edit

Irritating to download Giana's Return, as I have to keep starting the download again, the files just merged when I told it to replace the old one.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DCDayDreamer »

Nico0020 wrote:Irritating to download Giana's Return, as I have to keep starting the download again, the files just merged when I told it to replace the old one.
Had a few problems downloading here too, I'd put up a mirror but this is included in the readme:
You are not allowed to distribute the download on any medias or online places without written permission. Official mirrors are available and listed on the official homepage - Please respect this! Contact information is available at it's official page!
I'm obviously missing something because I can't see any Contact information on the site.

It's an excellent update to the game though, haven't got very far yet but gameplay is smooth, also no bugs found so far.
Across the Universe