Adventures in Game Development - Episode 16

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
Christuserloeser
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Adventures in Game Development - Episode 16

Post by Christuserloeser »

via http://elysianshadows.com/

GyroVorbis posted a new episode of Adventures in Game Development, a video blog on the development of Elysian Shadows, a homebrew 2D RPG for Dreamcast and PC:

After months of hearing you guys bitch about lack of updates, the long awaited Chapter 16 is here!

Marcel participated in the North Alabama Science fair. He entered his level editor as "An Iterative Approach to Software Development." Lets just say that he won a very large amount of awards. He also won an award from the state competition and will be flying to Reno to participate in the international fair.

The game development focus of this video is the NPC system. It was essential to get this crap done for several reasons. The first being that it's one of the only remaining things left in the engine unfinished. The second because the enemies in the battle system use the same logic (before a battle is envoked).

In other news the Battle System and a few other surprises that I refuse to show off are coming along nicely. Due to almost a total lack of art, I don't want to show these off just yet. If you think that you have what it takes to join us as a pixel/2D artist for either tiles or characters (all positions are open), please join our forums at http://elysianshadows.com and personal message a team member.

Oh, there was also a rather large site update. Go check that out. Join the forums and join us in IRC at irc.freenode.net channel: #elysian_shadows.

If you donated for the camera and still haven't seen your request, it's coming. I have a list of you. :D
Insane homebrew collector.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0

Re: Adventures in Game Development - Episode 16

Post by Nico0020 »

yea for new fucking content! Congrats on the awards! Muy Impressive. I can't wait to see the battle engine. Once I get a job this summer as the semester is over next week I may throw some money at the project too. Glad to hear you got a good sum of money from people too. Though I do have a request, I like to see what rare dreamcast gems you have one day.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Re: Adventures in Game Development - Episode 16

Post by GyroVorbis »

Nico0020 wrote:Though I do have a request, I like to see what rare dreamcast gems you have one day.
yea for new fucking content! Congrats on the awards! Muy Impressive. I can't wait to see the battle engine. Once I get a job this summer as the semester is over next week I may throw some money at the project too. Glad to hear you got a good sum of money from people too. Though I do have a request, I like to see what rare dreamcast gems you have one day.
Fair enough. :lol:

Thanks for the support!