CrabEmu 0.1.9 Released

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: CrabEmu 0.1.9 Released

Post by BlueCrab »

Christuserloeser wrote:
goldenband wrote:Who's doing the GUI stuff for the DC version, BTW? Tell 'em I'll buy them a beer if they get it finished up. :mrgreen:
I think I remember that fixing the GUI was a matter of simply converting the PNG files to 256 colors, 8bpp or something like that. I have lost my Dreamcast stuff in a hard disk drive crash last year (trying to get it fixed asap but it's rather costly) so I can't really check what I did, but it was something that was easy to fix.
The "real" fix for it would actually be converting it to RGB565 (16bpp - 65536 colors), not 8bpp. That said, he's working on something entirely new, not just fixing the color banding issues with the old one.
Christuserloeser
Been thanked: 0

Post by Christuserloeser »

Oh, that sounds great! Any previews ?
Insane homebrew collector.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Christuserloeser wrote:Oh, that sounds great! Any previews ?
Unfortunately no, I don't have anything to show right now.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

goldenband wrote:Two tiny issues -- first, on the SMS front: of the new Korean dumps that had been causing problems, Xyzolog worked right away, but I had to disable the CrabEmu BIOS to get Ali Baba and Block Hole to work. I'm not sure if that's expected behavior, but it's what I saw. Easy workaround on my laptop, but this could be an issue on the Dreamcast version if there's still no way to toggle BIOS support on and off -- not sure if that's still the case?
"Fixed" the BIOS with r121.