Dreamcast classic DUX 1.5 gets Collector's Edition rerelease

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
Christuserloeser
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Dreamcast classic DUX 1.5 gets Collector's Edition rerelease

Post by Christuserloeser »

Hucast just announced a new limited Special Edition for their Dreamcast classic DUX 1.5. The style matches that of their Ghost Blade Collector's Edition and previous CEs by ngdevteam for GunLord, Fast Striker and NeoXYX. Should look rather neat on your shelf so grab it while it's hot!

https://hucastgames.wordpress.com/2016/ ... -x-copies/

Insane homebrew collector.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Re: Dreamcast classic DUX 1.5 gets Collector's Edition rerel

Post by cube_b3 »

I checked out the new soundtrack.

We got some serious remixes for this one game.

I commented on Facebook that we should have a version of the game that has all 3 (now 4) remixes in the game and we should be able to select which one we want. I also want difficulty menu's from all 3 games to be available. Hucast liked my comment so I guess somewhere down the line, we will get the ultimate edition.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

I highly doubt it as the game's soundtrack is stored as CDDA which makes it impossible to fit more than one soundtrack at a time on the game's disc.
Insane homebrew collector.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
Has thanked: 0

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Oh, look. It's Dux.

Again.

I really want to be supportive, but I feel like this game has kind of overstayed its welcome with remakes and remixes and updated versions. Especially when there are other games out there (looking at you, Kraut Buster... what the hell, ngdev?) just begging for a DC release.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

It's basically a reprint.
A new soundtrack is just a bonus.

@ Christ:Backend programming is not the consumers concern. There are hundreds of Dreamcast and even Playstation 1 games that give you options for remix. Almost all arcade ports on Dreamcast have the option for original and remixed music and those games have a hell of a lot more music than the 10 tracks Dux has to offer.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0

Post by Nico0020 »

"Limited to 100 + X ".....

meaning as many orders as they get. I bought the cheap jewl case version of Dux when I bought Ghost Blade, and thats the only money they will ever see out of me for this game.

These guys really know how to prey on the DC superfans out there that just have to own everything. I appreciate them being a publisher, and they put a lot of effort into the games presentation, but this DUX nonsense needs to stop. Not to mention the stuff involving Redux kickstarter edition "exclusive" and re releases of that game too.
*The Cadillac of signatures*