Mac Dream Tool (i386) version 4.09 Released

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Mac Dream Tool (i386) version 4.09 Released

Post by I.M. Weasel »

The new version of Mac Dream Tool is out!

This version adds support for Macs with Intel architecture (i386) and has a host of new features! Several layers of support and expansion have been added to Zip-to-Sbi conversion, along with major updates to the Plain Files selfbooter.

Version 4.09 has a fuller interface, tons of updates for selfbooting, including supporting different archive types and plain files that don't include bootstrap files. It also contains a small usability guide to help users understand how the underpinning code works and helpful tips if things don't work as expected.

This verion is not a beta version, but has only been tested on my personal device. Your feedback can help me identify new bugs and issues that did not appear in testing.

Download Mac Dream Tool v4.09 (i386)

The full list of updates is below:
  • Re-implemented support for adding Plain Files archives to the Selfboot Inducer layout using on-the-fly conversion.
  • Two-tier verification for any attempted plain files addition to the Inducer layout.
  • Added ability to use tar/gz and bz2 type archives files when selecting a compressed Plain Files file for conversion into the Inducer Layout.
  • Removed all invisible/OS files from the Inducer layout.
  • Checks for existence of the Inducer folder on startup, and when any button is clicked.
  • Added removal of temporary files if a plain files-to-sbi conversion fails.
  • File type validation on Scramble/Descramble from the 'Selfboot' menu.
  • Added support for Selfbooting Plain Files that do not contain ip.bin booting files in their archive.
    Previous Mac Dream Tools/Mac Inducer versions did not include this feature, which made selfbooting these types of archives impossible without a bit of additional knowledge. My apologies.

Fixes & Changes to Theme addition
  • If a theme errors when attempting to add it, the default theme will be restored.
  • Expanded search area for Loading image in Theme package.
  • Renames loading image to fit standards
  • Moves added Themes loading image to a more standard folder
  • Moved Loading image in new Inducer layout from root directory to Themes to adhere to standards
  • Added automatic overwrite of old theme if error (with message window warning) if an error occurs during Theme addition. Prevents a failed theme addition from destroying Inducer layout.

Display & Menu
  • Made main window resizeable - although items in windows do not scale perfectly.
  • Progress Bar in the lower-left corner actually works now.
  • Removed option for "Add Sbi" from the Main menu. Due to SDK changes it did not function anymore.
  • Main Window: Theme/MR text field - truncated head of path to stay within boundary
  • Selfboot Menu: Add MR - Added display dialog on successful addition
  • Changed 'Emu Name' text label to 'Comment Displayed'
  • Changed default/clean text of 'Comment Displayed' label to "no sbi's added"
  • Status Panel - changed attached text to more reflect process actions.
  • Menu additions>changed Changed "File" menu to "Inducer", moved "Edit" menu items into "Inducer" menu and created "Edit" submenu.

Code Items
  • Removed old and unused Code
  • Fixed comment display issue that would create an error if the '+' button was clicked too many times.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mac Dream Tool (i386) version 4.09 Released

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Awesome! Downloading now; I'll play with it over the next week or so and let you know if I run into anything.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

Thanks, fiddler!
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
WileyT
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WileyT »

Thank you for all the work you have and will put into this! You just made my year...

-Wiley